• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tandem

Gibby

Booting up
Skier
First ride on our new Ferrari red tandem. A CoMotion Steelhead CoPilot

Attachments

• IMG_0819.jpeg
    IMG_0819.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 14

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Last summer I was passed by a couple on an eTandem mountain bike. Not only could I keep up with them on the gravel roads but they ripped on the single track, they could ride.

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
First honeymoon. Tooled around the rail trails in north-central Florida and out to Cedar Key. Still married, though we did our second honeymoon on singles.

Also spent a lot of time on the tandem with the kid when he was little.

IMG_1470a.jpg

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We were tandem riders forever. As we aged, and e-bikes came along, Mrs. K decided to try one of those, and we have more fun on separate bikes, hers with e-power, and mine without.

Right before that happened, we were this close to ordering a custom Co-Motion like @Gibby. Sweet bike!

EDIT: Our tandem "arc" was first a Gary Fisher something or other (Gemini?) we bought on a whim while my dad was doing the paper work for a rental bike. Later we moved on to a custom Santana Sovereign.

For anybody that knows PNW mtb riding, our tandem claim to fame (more like youthful stupidity) was that we once rode the Lewis River Trail. Giving the late, great, David Foster Wallace his due, that was something that fell solidly into the category of "A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again". :ogbiggrin:

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
My tandem arc started on a 70lb 3spd Schwinn Twinn, so... On the upside, we could go anywhere downtown and 'park' without worrying about bike theft. Also, the restaurants served us fast 'coz they wanted our sweaty chain-tattoed bodies paid up and gone :D :D

On the downside, 70lb of tandem uphill home, with a fixed captain/stoker ratio :( :(

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Hey YOU said that!! :roflmao:
My wife and I failed miserably at canoeing together (something we are quite capable of doing with others). So we've always considered a tandem bike strictly off limits, for the good of our marriage. Haven't been in a canoe--together--in 22 years.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
My wife and I failed miserably at canoeing together (something we are quite capable of doing with others). So we've always considered a tandem bike strictly off limits, for the good of our marriage. Haven't been in a canoe--together--in 22 years.
Hey if it works... :ogbiggrin:

RiderRay

Getting off the lift
Skier
When we were teenagers, my best friend's Dad made a triple. Single speed and everything was good until you ere going down a hill and the rear chain came off. No brakes. Made for some really interesting rides.

Sponsor

Staff online