• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Tell which neighborhood you live in so I can dress up as a bum and go dumpster diving. ;)

Denver has 78 official neighborhoods. Most recent data has my neighborhood about 68th in per capita income. It's really not particularly fancy.

Shouldn’t the purchase price be required to post on this thread? Otherwise it is a “I bought stuff” thread.

I created the thread and frankly...I don't care. Lots of folks on this forum can scoop up gear at a meager fraction of MSRP because of connections or shear determination. This is just a place to express stoke of gear when we can't be skiing.

James

Out There
Instructor
This whole site is based on “I bought stuff”, and, “I went places”. Along the way there’s “I saw things”, and we argue about how “I did things”.
If the purchaser of said stuff, or places, wants to brag about the deal they got, they can do that.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I had to buy new skis and bindings because I plan on getting new boots this fall and wanted to be Grip Walk compatible.
20210624_144611.jpg

Rich_Ease_3051

Getting off the lift
Pass Pulled

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Is it possible to carve on FAT ski.? Asking for a friend. :duck:

Tell your friend it’s very possible! A decent skier can rip a wider ski if it’s built well.

Watch the skier(Ryan) around the 6 to 9 min mark on with a pair of Fisher Ranger 102 FR which are very versatile twin tips. Solid flex and very little taper so it carves quite well.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Candide 3.0 is an awesome ski! Still pondering a 2nd pair.

Moment Bibby/Wildcat are great soft snow carvers and they are 116/118mm(190cm) wide. Screen shot from a Bibby video of them up on edge.

89FC6629-20D1-4C4D-A3BE-7753A1BC30B9.png

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is it possible to carve on FAT ski.? Asking for a friend. :duck:

Simple answer is YES. To get "techie" to answer your question, hard versus soft snow makes a huge difference on how wide a ski you can carve on. I can carve my 143mm wide "superfat" if I have 6" of new snow underneath it. In hard snow conditions, I cannot carve the superfat, and would agree the 110ish width is the max I personally can get on edge. The harder the snow surface, the narrower the width you can carve cleanly with. It will vary with skier skill and strength, and how good your boots fit.

Sponsor

Staff online