• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Never-Ending Peak By Bode Miller Skis Discussion Thread

TipsUp

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
My skis and bindings arrived. I purchased the Look Pivot 15s but I think I’m going to switch to Attack 14s for this ski.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I used Attack demos on one pair, Marker XComps on the other. To my surprise, once I got used to them, I preferred
the race binding versions (usually for me it's the other way around, on a ski used recreationally. I'm guessing that, at least for me,
this just speaks to how dialed in these skis are.)

Even_Stevens

Getting off the lift
Skier
Checked my spam email folder and here are more deals.

Attachments

• IMG_7974.jpeg
    IMG_7974.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 38

Snowplow Skip

Booting up
Skier
So, I got a couple pairs of Peak Skis, the Peak 88 by Bode (176) and Peak 110 by Bode (188). I have only skied them a couple days each so far; but my initial reaction on the 110's was, "nimble, fast, hold an edge on the groomed too."
I got to the top expecting groomers and fresh off piste. What I got was ungroomed moguls and 8"-10" deep, mostly chopped up fresh that was somewhat heavy. They were nimble and playful in the moguls (handled better than my 100's) I had read that they could hold an edge and take the speed and the do quite nicely. I the deep I was getting pushed around (they don't have the damp chassis and crud performance of my 100's; but I didn't expect them to either) but one it was bit more knocked down, they just ate it up, and were great in the sweet spots by the trees too!
I had been highly anticipating the 88's and got them out on a perfect groomer day and they were absolutely fantastic. No speed limit, turn any shape turn I want to make. Again, they don't have the damp chassis either; but these are a lot of fun to take to the fall line. These will definitely by taking the place of my 100's as my daily drivers (why I got them!) They are very versatile and worked really well in a variety of conditions and terrain, trees, off-piste bowls, moguls and did I mention they can rail an edge!

I give the 110's a solid 4 stars and the 88's five stars.

I would be interested to hear what others who either own a pair of Peak skis, have demoed, tested or otherwise taken some runs on them think.

Snowplow Skip

Booting up
Skier
@KingGrump

Do you have Peak skis in different widths?

As someone who has tried a lot of different skis, where do you rate Peak in terms of your preference and why? For each width model you have if it applies.

Given the business tactics I'm not inclined to ever want to support them (once I hopefully get off the DL) but I'm curious as I know you've tried many different skis and you seem to like them.
Since I already had two Nordica skis, one the Dobermann Spitfire 80 RB (174) for carving and Enforcer 100 (185) for All Mtn daily drivers I purchased a pair of Peak 88 by Bode (176) and Peak 110 by Bode (188.) I felt that the 98 and 104 were to close in size to my 100's to justify buying this year. The 88's will be my new daily driver. These things just shred the corduroy and breeze through moguls (which I avoid when I can.) I too had some trouble off piste; but I think that is more me than the ski as I wasn't blazing the off piste on my 100's either. I absolutely love these skis for my style of skiing which is fast down the fall line making turns. They make any turn shape I want and have no speed limit. I also like the 110's, not a wide powder ski; but a good width for what I am likely to encounter in the PNW. They are surprisingly nimble, can handle moguls like magic and as expected out of a Bode ski, hold an edge on hard snow too. (Something many wider skis can't claim!) Again, no speed limit. Now neither has the chassis of my 100's and get pushed around by the terrain a bit more; but these Peaks turn like a dream. I can only imagine what the new 78 carving skis are like!! There are a number of skis I am sure I would like Rossignol, Volkl, Salomon, Blizzard, Stockli and a few others all make boards of interest. For me Peak just sounded like a really good fit and they are. I am looking forward to a perfect bluebird hard snow groomer day next season to take my Peak 88 and Dobermann 80 out for a side by side test. (My stats 5' 7", 208 lbs-aggressive advanced skier)

Last edited:

Snowplow Skip

Booting up
Skier
I see that Peak Ski Company has their vertical challenge again this season. However, they raised the ante from 3M vertical to 4M vertical. Between the SNOWW and WeSki apps, they gave away at most, 4 pairs of ski (if all 4 knew about it and sent in their data for 3M+ last year). I think only one on SNOWW and none on WeSki did 4M last season.

Did any of you notice other apps from last season where a lot of skiers hit 3M or more? They must have given away more than they wanted to have upped the ante.
What are you talking about??

Snowplow Skip

Booting up
Skier
As a I resident of WA I can confirm that we have seen them here ... but only in the tune shop looking pristine as if they have never seen snow lol

Joking aside I do see a lot of boutique or more obscure brands of skis at Alpental - Moments, Weston, Whitedot, Jskis .... etc and the list goes on. While we do see lots of Nordica, K2, Blizzards and Volkls we have a lot of folks who ski on many lesser known brands or like myself, European brands (Stockli, Faction, Black Crows .... etc) that are not as common. But what we have never seen are any Peak Skis. Bottom line is that this is a crowded space and there are so many more ski brands/companies out there than most realize.

This is a tough market to break into and even with a great product which I believe Peak has, you are competing with a lot of other great products that consumers have direct experience with nay I say an emotional affinity. I mean I would love to try a pair of Peak Skis, but not at the expense of my Stocklis or my Nordica Enforcer 110s as I love those skis and have lots of great experiences on them.

So what it really comes down to is how do you penetrate a saturated market and win customer affinity ... if I had the answer well that is another story altogether lol. In the meantime I think sightings of Peaks skis are going to be limited.
I've seen a few pairs of Peak 98's at Alpental and a pair of 88's on my own feet. You left out LibTech tons of them at Alpental Atomic Bent's too.

Snowplow Skip

Booting up
Skier
They have also been spotted in WA state, and skied by people who have never heard of SkiTalk.
Yes, they have. I've noticed a few more pairs about this year. Now I see at least 1-2 skiers on them every day up at the slopes (Alpental, Crystal.) Almost always the 98's. I have a pair each of 88's and 110's so, depending on where you ski, you may see mine about too!

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Yes, they have. I've noticed a few more pairs about this year. Now I see at least 1-2 skiers on them every day up at the slopes (Alpental, Crystal.) Almost always the 98's. I have a pair each of 88's and 110's so, depending on where you ski, you may see mine about too!
So I actually did see a pair at Alpental about two weeks back, but that was my one and only siting.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
FYI: the current "2 for 999" sale makes no mention ( or fine-print ) of excluding the 78, but it appears it does exclude it in your shopping cart. The first ski presented when you click on the link takes you the 78 first. The code is actually save $399 when you buy 2 , not 2 for $999 , works out the same if you buy anything but the 78. If I really wanted the 78, I'd lawyer up:roflmao:

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
So what bindings should I be putting on these Peak 88's crew? Best visual match up i've found is the white/silver marker griffon's, but I typically like to run Jesters, sadly Jesters have some pretty horrendous colorways though.

Even_Stevens

Getting off the lift
Skier
So what bindings should I be putting on these Peak 88's crew? Best visual match up i've found is the white/silver marker griffon's, but I typically like to run Jesters, sadly Jesters have some pretty horrendous colorways though.

For function? Tyrolia Protectors. I’ve run the 13s with the PR toe on 96mm wide skis this whole season and haven’t experienced any weird pre releases at my 8 DIN setting (looking at you, Salomon Wardens). I don’t mind the stack height and I like my ACLs.

For bling? Gold Pivots?

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
For function? Tyrolia Protectors. I’ve run the 13s with the PR toe on 96mm wide skis this whole season and haven’t experienced any weird pre releases at my 8 DIN setting (looking at you, Salomon Wardens). I don’t mind the stack height and I like my ACLs.

For bling? Gold Pivots?
Ew no.

James

Out There
Instructor
Yellow aatacks, green, bright blue.
There is a “blue steel” Pivot coming for next year in limited numbers that matches Peaks blue I think.

AltaSkier

I stick uphill ice...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yellow aatacks, green, bright blue.
There is a “blue steel” Pivot coming for next year in limited numbers that matches Peaks blue I think.

This post is useless without a link to purchase (2 sets) ! ;)

Sponsor