• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

salvatore

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There's been talk about a homebrew before, but I can't remember what was the end result.

They are now selling empty tubes for $5. Probably should enquire if they might sell bulk OMFit, sans tube. I have quite a collection of empties here!

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Yet they make you pay for it on top of the $450 liner. So, if you buy the liner at a shop, are you still paying for each tube?

Typically, no. The two shops I directly dealt with both handled "adjustments" at no added cost. I think others have also reported in this thread that if you buy them from a shop at retail, they will adjust OMFit levels, until the fit is right, at no added cost.

salvatore

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Typically, no. The two shops I directly dealt with both handled "adjustments" at no added cost. I think others have also reported in this thread that if you buy them from a shop at retail, they will adjust OMFit levels, until the fit is right, at no added cost.
Well, that throws out my theory that there might be some benefit to buying direct from Zipfit!

When I had my initial fitting done on my last boots, which included a decent amount of work on the shell, I had brought a few tubes of OMFit with me. Probably should have left them in the car!

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I wouldn't say it's typical across the board. The shops I've been to even if you get a full setup paying over $1000, you still pay for any additional parts, but at cost.
The "free adjustments" you get is time and labor which really is a lot more than the part. Unless it is just a random shop part like a single screw or piece of tape, you'll pay for any part that would be inventoried. Tubes of omfit falls into this category

Perhaps it is more a regional custom thing.

Last edited:

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Daleboit doesn't charge for omfit but I have to go to SLC or another of their locations for them to add it. $15 per tube to do it myself is a lot cheper.

KimJongTr1ll

Putting on skis
Skier
Damn this thread got long.

so I don’t have to comb. Does anyone have time in the workhorse? I tried to swap from my freeride to a gara the last couple days and it absolutely destroys my calf. I really like the idea of the materials on the WH verses the freeride.

Going from a shadow to next years RS. I’m in love with the fit and flex
IMG_4546.jpeg

Reactions: BMC

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
I wouldn't say it's typical across the board. The shops I've been to even if you get a full setup paying over $1000, you still pay for any additional parts, but at cost.
The "free adjustments" you get is time and labor which really is a lot more than the part. Unless it is just a random shop part like a single screw or piece of tape, you'll pay for any part that would be inventoried. Tubes of omfit falls into this category

Perhaps it is more a regional custom thing.
One shop I deal with in Japan did a top up twice. First occasion I paid for the Omfit only (my wife was just buying boots at the same time, so there’s that), and the next time, the following season, the “price” was a six pack.

First time incidentally was a tube in each tongue. Second time half a tube each side over the ankle. I’ve topped up maybe a third of a tube each side since and it’s definitely on the tight side - I’ve gone close to too much, if not slightly over. I suspect from past experience though it will move to voids with skiing, and end up perfect.

Sponsor

Staff online