• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Ogasaka Discussion

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That’s against the rules. One doesn’t simply start a thread naming it “Never-ending…’ This title change/addition is made by the moderators after the thread has reached 100+ pages. :ogbiggrin:

Sweet ski otherwise…
I agree, this isn't much of a never ending...

TS
T

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is there a Vector Glide one, or is than now subsumed into the E-turn series? I know there is a separate Nordic one...
Not sure. Are Vector Glide made by Ogasaka? It's hard to tell; they look pretty unique.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Are Vector Glide made by Ogasaka? It's hard to tell; they look pretty unique.

Yup. And yup.

EDIT: I think they came up with the tip and tail shape just to make manufacturing life easy on themselves, less fuss about bending edges around small radii and all that.

Last edited:
TS
T

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I agree, this isn't much of a never ending...
But how do you prove it's not? We have never-endings for Stockli, Moment, Faction, Peak, and Atomic boots. Yet Ogasaka has been in business longer than any of these companies. And chances are they will be in business long after other ski companies have folded and have been forgotten, likely including some in this never-ending list.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
But how do you prove it's not? We have never-endings for Stockli, Moment, Faction, Peak, and Atomic boots. Yet Ogasaka has been in business longer than any of these companies. And chances are they will be in business long after other ski companies have folded and have been forgotten, likely including some in this never-ending list.
But the threads weren't "never ending" until they went on and on and on and....you get the point.

Eric Edelstein

ExoticSkis
Skier
Industry Insider
We're discussing formal reviews of several redesigned 23-24 models this season with the Ogasaka factory as we speak, possibly including the TC-MB...stay tuned...!

TS
T

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm thinking of picking up a TC-MB. Has anyone skied it?
No. And I'm not sure how much we can infer from last season's TC-SU, but that ski has a stiffer mid-body than anything I've ever skied -- stiffer than a Rossi FIS SL -- but with soft tips and tails. It took considerable time to get used to it, but now that I have, I won't go back. It made my eRace Pros and No. 1 XCs feel lacking. And it turned my Blossom AM77s into a noodlely park ski.

Sponsor

Staff online