• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Youtube rabbit hole OR things that are things that I didn't know about

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
Wow... $30-$40K per month just to maintain it is more than I would have guessed.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
^^^
Wow... $30-$40K per month just to maintain it is more than I would have guessed.

LOL, I was just imagining having to clean the spinach off the walls. I don't know anything about saltwater algae eaters but there's no way that sucker doesn't take hand-cleaning. And then water changes. And then managing fungus/disease out breaks. Gah.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I went down the youtube rabbit hole today. A USAF veteran hung on to a Rolex watch he bought in 1974 for $345, how much is it worth by 2020?

Classic segment from Antiques Roadshow:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Now here is a thing I didn't realise was a thing.

Apparently, people who know you can bully your YouTube channel in the first hours after a video is released. 5 robotic dislikes within the first hours of a video release is apparently enough to kill viewership.

James

Out There
Instructor
Making a cast iron wheel the old fashioned way. Except they squirt Co2 into the sand apparently.

James

Out There
Instructor
This is crazy how many people appeared on Miami Vice.
Julia Roberts, Bruce Willis, Steve Buscemi, Michael Richards, Frank Zappa, Phil Collins, Leonard Cohen… on and on.

No annoying voice over on this, just the scenes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Very interesting video by a musician and how much money she can make posting stuff on youtube. Check out 7:50 to 8:20.
66 videos of her performing songs made her $6k. One video reviewing guitar gear earned her $9.5k!!

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How abou

t the extended cut?

I know this is an old thread...but somehow I just discovered this. My son and watched this with a mix of abject horror and fascination. We wondered who spent time creating this and how many different drugs they were on during the storyboard and production work. :roflmao: And yet, I found it strangely mesmerizing.....

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Firing an elephant gun into ballistics gel and filming it at 82,000 frames per second gives some amazing slow-mo video...

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Firing an elephant gun into ballistics gel and filming it at 82,000 frames per second gives some amazing slow-mo video...

Two of my favorite channels. Kentucky Ballistics and The Slo Mo Guys.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
And older one, but a good/odd one... bit of an intense drum part for a kid's song...

Sponsor

Staff online