• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Thinking about a Roomba

Dadskier

Getting off the lift
Skier
I've got mine up for sale. Not anything wrong with it, but I work from home full time. It's very noisy and takes a long time to clean. Great if you leave the house all day and don't want to vacuum. Not so much if you have to listen to it for hours. Central MA area if anyone is looking. Only a year old and hardly used.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I was pretty much against one of these robots, but may be changing my mind. How much difficult does it have going from hardwood floor to area rugs? Mine are at least a 5/8th of an inch lip for the robot to get over and not sure if it would make it over that bump.
I've had mine climb over the door sill to the kennel and he regularly mounts a saucer under a house plant.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've got mine up for sale. Not anything wrong with it, but I work from home full time. It's very noisy and takes a long time to clean. Great if you leave the house all day and don't want to vacuum. Not so much if you have to listen to it for hours. Central MA area if anyone is looking. Only a year old and hardly used.
Which version do you have?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
i7+ with the self vacuum base.
That's what I have (the i8+ Costco version)
I'd be tempted to get a second one for down stairs so I don't have to move it.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Want mine? $250 basically 1/2 off. lol Shipping prob isn't worth it.
I'd love to but as you said, shipping is likely problematic.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
We've been using ours for about one year. Even if I work from Home most of the time, I see no problem with it interfering.
I have it sweeping/cleaning a room at a time, closing access doors to that room and voilà, I can continue to work at my desk, no problem. Plus, our S9 is not that noisy.
Only gripe I have is that I must keep it super clean, empty the dustbin each time it finishes a room is just one move, clean the "broom" (having two long haired ppl in the house tends to clog it) keep clean the mop and the rotating brush as well. Basically after each cleaning sweep, it needs to be thoroughly cleaned, otherwise on the next run it will start to behave oddly, like stopping in the middle of nowhere claiming to be stuck...The funniest thing is that , to clean it, I must use our "normal" vacuum cleaner :-D

Sponsor

Staff online