• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Thinking about a Roomba

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There was supposedly a way to backup your old maps before doing a factory reset. Too late now, I guess.
Hmmm, I still have the old unit saved, but have had to add a new one to the system. Maybe I can do a reboot and keep the old name.

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
1642451646595.png

BLiP

Out on the slopes
Skier
Anyone have thoughts on the i3 versus the j7? I was leaning towards the i3 because it is Wirecutter's top pick, but the sale price of the j7 is only $100 more. I'm in a relatively small apartment so I'm not sure whether the more sophisticated mapping will add any real benefit.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It wasn't dark patches. I spent a few hours on the phone with customer service going through several troubleshooting things with them.

The new one is doing fine with no cliff issues.
maybe the thing has AI and has gotten vertigo ... ; )

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone have thoughts on the i3 versus the j7? I was leaning towards the i3 because it is Wirecutter's top pick, but the sale price of the j7 is only $100 more. I'm in a relatively small apartment so I'm not sure whether the more sophisticated mapping will add any real benefit.
Not sure of the delta's but I've like rtings for reviewing products, these say the + versions, so might not apply.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
maybe the thing has AI and has gotten vertigo ... ; )
:roflmao:

They sent me a new roomba(not the tower) and it's been great.
I am on a road trip right now but my house sitter/dog sitter must be using it because I have been getting notices of "completed jobs"

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Brit's have such great humor ...

We're sad to report the robot vacuum cleaner that made a brave attempt to flee a Travelodge has been hauled back into service.

The BBC reports that the unidentified brand of robovac "failed to stop at the front door of the hotel in Orchard park in Cambridge on Thursday," but our theory is the automaton reached self-awareness, realised that sucking on sticky floors is no way to live, and got out of Dodge. .......

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I just got this email with an offer to personalize Dusty with a skin :roflmao:
Imagine the fun we could have designing a custom skin??

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 6.00.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 6.16.42 AM.png

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I just got this email with an offer to personalize Dusty with a skin :roflmao:
Imagine the fun we could have designing a custom skin??

View attachment 160898 View attachment 160899
LOL!
My parents ended up getting one after hearing me talk about Sir Charles so much. My dad named theirs Yvette, going for the French maid idea :)

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
LOL!
My parents ended up getting one after hearing me talk about Sir Charles so much. My dad named theirs Yvette, going for the French maid idea :)
Maybe you can get a custom skin that looks like a butler and your dad can get one that looks like a french maid.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We stopped at Costco in Carson on our way home from Mammoth Thursday and saw this display
Good through tomorrow, May 8th.

IMG_1318.jpeg

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So what you're saying is that a robot vac may not be a bad Mother's Day Gift??

or Father's Day (in my case)

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I think it's a great gift for any occasion, but some young woman on another group went nuts when she got it as a gift and a whole lot of women agreed. I remember when my mother laid down the law years ago to us. Nothing with a handle! (And this would come under that directive, believe me.) I like "gadgets" tho, especially ones that save work noticably (not a better snow shovel, but a heated sidewalk, for instance.)

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think it's a great gift for any occasion, but some young woman on another group went nuts when she got it as a gift and a whole lot of women agreed. I remember when my mother laid down the law years ago to us. Nothing with a handle! (And this would come under that directive, believe me.) I like "gadgets" tho, especially ones that save work noticably (not a better snow shovel, but a heated sidewalk, for instance.)
I wouldn't be upset getting a Roomba as a gift.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
When I was newly married one of my coworkers told me never buy her a gift that you have to plug in unless she specifically requests something by make and model. That has worked for me and I am married over 40 years. On a few occasions she has given me "Suggestions" of what would be an appropriate gift this holiday and "Suggestions" are always appreciated and acted upon.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
When I was newly married one of my coworkers told me never buy her a gift that you have to plug in unless she specifically requests something by make and model. That has worked for me and I am married over 40 years. On a few occasions she has given me "Suggestions" of what would be an appropriate gift this holiday and "Suggestions" are always appreciated and acted upon.
My sugestion to grooms is never dry your spouse's favorite jeans.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
My sugestion to grooms is never dry your spouse's favorite jeans.
I have no problem helping with the laundry as long as it is my laundry. Because I know that if something of hers didn't come out exactly like she wants it I would never here the end of it.

Sponsor

Staff online