• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Too Many Good Skis to Choose From - East Coast All Rounder

TS
M

marcs44

Booting up
Skier
Hi,
So a delayed follow up to my thread here. I finally got up to VT and after demoing a few pairs I went for the Enforcer 88s in the 179.
The first day I got on the Declivity 92s, K2 Mindbender 90s and Elan Ripstick 88s. I took the same few runs on each - a combo of bumps, trees, short steep groomer turns and then trying to break the speed limit. A couple inches of fresh snow so everything was soft. For me the Ripsticks were the winner. They seemed a tiny less stable at high speeds but in everything else they felt like they were livelier, quicker edge to edge and generally were just more fun than the K2s or Armadas.
The 2nd day I got on the Enforcer 88s and they did everything the Elan did but they were noticeably better/stronger in the bigger fast GS/Super G turns. The Elans were a maybe a tiny bit better in the quickness/bumps/trees, but for me that was far outweighed by the Enforcers stability and grip at higher speeds.
The shop that carried the Enforcers and also the Fischers was a 10 min drive from the hill, and with the family coming up to ski late morning I didn't get the chance to go down and switch skis midday. The other ski I would've liked to get on was the Kendo, but that was at another shop so would've been another day of demoing. And the conditions were changing so the next day wouldn't have been like for like. I was really happy with the Enforcers so I went for them!
Over the next couple of weeks I skied the Enforcers in lots of different conditions and loved them. The combo of being really fun in the trees and some powder but still being able to rail groomers was just what I was looking for, and a noticeable step up from my 2017 Atomic Vantage 85 CTIs.
Thanks again for the help and replies on here. Much appreciated!

DreaminBoutPow

Amateur hour
Skier
Nice feedback and congrats on the purchase! I've got a thread on here looking for a similar ski although I'm lighter than you. The Enforcer 88 is definitely in the conversation for me, although in a 172 at my size (5'8, 145lb). This Enforcer feedback is helpful!

Sponsor