• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We had an 01 A4 Avant 2.8Q with a stick. On paper it was a great car, on the road was another story. It was a 2 year lease and counted the days till it ended.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
We had an 01 A4 Avant 2.8Q with a stick. On paper it was a great car, on the road was another story. It was a 2 year lease and counted the days till it ended.

We had a 2001 S4 Avant. other than eating control arms at an alarming rate, and having no travel range between the gas mileage and tiny tank, it was a heck of a driver. Beast in snow with studded snows. We sold it when I started to do the math on just what we'd be facing if it ended to have both turbo's replaced, etc. Hated to sell it. Bought another. Same plan. Sold both at about 150-160K.
Pretty small, but fun. The NA cars were just not "quite right", IMO. Agree, on paper, they looked great.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Progress?!

That thing looks almost as useful as a current Sienna AWD.

Almost.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am told the crosstrek is getting the 6 speed manual in 2018.

Bill Seddon

Booting up
Skier
love my current car for ski trips. Going to sound weird, it's an E Class estate, hybrid, so we get 50 mpg on a run to the alps. Seats 4 with 4 lots of ski gear no problem, and with winter tyres copes with everything the roads have thrown at us. Great for the dog back home as well.

Sponsor

Staff online