• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tyrolia Almonte 10

Even_Stevens

Getting off the lift
Skier
Can’t find much information about this binding as it looks like a new product, but it’s on demo tracks.

Which gets me thinking. I have Elan Ripsticks with Protector bindings on a Tyrolia demo track. Theoretically, I could remove the Protectors from the demo track and put the Almonte 10 demo bindings on? Unless the Almonte used a completely different demo track, this seems like it would be possible.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I'd be a bit surprised if they share a demo track; but if they do that's a very interesting bit of information for people looking to build a one-ski quiver for traveling.

Agree I think the binding is new; haven't seen it before and doesn't appear to be a rebrand. Interesting feature set -- <350g weight, two climbing aids, looks like a gapless heel? Does look like a U-spring based design which means vertical release is fixed (or requires swapping pins) similar to bindings like the Salomon MTN.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Indeed, quite interesting. Other tech bindings demo/rental versions just use longer base plate adjustment in the heel, often coupled with a specific toe piece.

Seens like it would be worth waiting to find out , because indeed, if it’s the same track, it would be an easy way to travel or just save money.
I know other who tour on Ripsticks, they are not that heavy (for a resort ski)

Sponsor

Staff online