• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Moochdocking with our EKKO is the newest summer adventure. Spent this week up in the Thousand Island area of New York. Loved hanging at a marina were a friend keeps his boat.
IMG_3293.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Vermont and Virginia have fish shooting seasons. Combine two of your favorite sports.
Fish shooting is with a bow I think, shooting clay is with a shotgun. Big difference in skill set.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Fish shooting is with a bow I think, shooting clay is with a shotgun. Big difference in skill set.
Ya I actually know someone who accidentally shot his friend fish shooting with a shot gun.. It skipped off the water. Bad idea + alcohol + not looking what/who else was across the lake he was shooting in to. Fortunately it was but a mere flesh wound, bird shot basely broke the skin.

I've always wanted to try bow fishing.

MnLakeBum

Putting on skis
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We do lots of water sports including wake surfing, paddling, and just dinner or sunset cruises on the boat. We are on a large lake in northern Minnesota and have visitors almost every weekend June through early September so there is also lots of entertaining a we use our grill or smoker almost everyday.

We are back in MN for 5 days and the sunrise was a beauty this morning.

E5FB7B26-49FE-430A-907F-3CD5BDC600DC.jpeg
B5573B75-6D14-4648-905D-07885482B84E.jpeg

Last edited:

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
In summer, I work and I sail catamarans (F18 and the like). I am not so much a summer holiday person. So other than working, I tend to just do the sailing on weekends and evenings from April through October, and maybe put a city trip in, or a short Italy break.

This summer though, I have a week in Paris planned, going to see the Olympics.

Uncle-A

Skier
We do lots of water sports including wake surfing, paddling, and just dinner or sunset cruises on the boat. We are on a large lake in northern Minnesota and have visitors almost every weekend June through early September so there is also lots of entertaining a we use our grill or smoker almost everyday.

We are back in MN for 5 days and the sunset was a beauty this morning.

View attachment 232522 View attachment 232523
Nice pictures but Sunset in the morning? Which is it Sunset in the Evening or Sunrise in the Morning?

Uncle-A

Skier
Not quite the summer yet but I just finished a project at my summer home at the Jersey Shore this week. My garage had only one four foot florescent light and I didn't think it was bright enough to work in the garage. So I decided to add another four foot light fixture, but I want it to work on the light switch that turns on the existing light. I purchased a four foot LED light that had its own wiring and a plug on the end. So all I really need to do was add an outlet to plug the light in. The only issue is the outlet had to be about 15 feet off the ground and be powered by a old light so the same switch would turn both on and off. Since I am retired and it isn't summer yet I took two days to do what anyone else would have done in one day. The first day I ran the new wire and connected it to the old light. The second day I mounted the electrical box wired the outlet and hung the new light. Now since this was all done about 15 feet in the air and I was working alone I had a lot of up and down the ladder time. But by the end of the second day the new light was working on the same light switch and the garage has plenty of light to work on what ever is the next project

Even_Stevens

Getting off the lift
Skier
Gonna get more into riding gravel this summer. I have a Kona hardtail that’s a great bike but not “enough” for any of the serious MTB trails and I don’t want to invest $5k in a Transition or Norco. I’d rather spend that money on skiing.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Gonna get more into riding gravel this summer. I have a Kona hardtail that’s a great bike but not “enough” for any of the serious MTB trails and I don’t want to invest $5k in a Transition or Norco. I’d rather spend that money on skiing.
I like the way you thnk.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This summer for us will be golf, mtbing and taking Gypsy for walks. We will try to limit our computer work time to 5 hours a day to keep our sanity.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

We are back in MN for 5 days and the sunrise was a beauty this morning.

View attachment 232522 View attachment 232523

I used to have a ski boat when I lived in Michigan. I do miss the summers on the sand bar in Lake Mitchell, but not the maintenance of the ski boat or mosquitos.
Those pics are incredible.

Fixed it. I hadn’t had my cup of coffee yet! ;)
I know the feeling.

MnLakeBum

Putting on skis
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I used to have a ski boat when I lived in Michigan. I do miss the summers on the sand bar in Lake Mitchell, but not the maintenance of the ski boat or mosquitos.
Those pics are incredible.

I know the feeling.
I grew up on the water and boating/water sports is in my blood just like skiing. Many think I’m crazy but I embrace all the care/upkeep for the toys. We have three boats, two SeaDoos, and two Snowmobiles.

We are surrounded by our kids(18, 24, and 26) and their friends all summer and we love it!

26A46A46-FF42-4484-AFEA-7C7A3016848B.jpeg
5757F6D3-CD33-4DE4-8C19-6AB3A01CFC5D.jpeg

Attachments

• 558A6539-3C2B-4204-B993-B855E3F72AC5.jpeg
    558A6539-3C2B-4204-B993-B855E3F72AC5.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 8

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Images like that make me think of this Kid Rock tune
*ironically, back then I didn't drink at all and (with a CDL) I've never smoked anything, but I like the catchy tune

Sponsor

Staff online