• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wheeled carry-on Ski boot bag

soerenberg

Booting up
Skier
I like to carry-on my ski boots when traveling. I was looking for a wheeled model that fits into overhead.

I was able to find pretty much only one model:
My wide has this and her smaller boots just fit. However, mine (26.5) do not fit. Although, the specs state up to 28.
I think part of the issue are the round edges on top.

Does anyone know of another model or ideas?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Interesting and welcome to the forum. I find a lot of it has to do with boot cuff height.

Sorry can't help with product recco's - I fly with backpack or messenger bag and both of them even fit my 27.5 Atomics with 3" of Bomber liner sticking out the top.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have the back pack style from Sportube. When I travel to ski, I already have both hands full with luggage and skis, so a rolling style had no attraction...

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I used to carry on a non-wheeled boot bag but now I just put them in a regular wheeled carry on case. Boots fit fine and there’s room for my shell pants jacket as well as socks, base layer, gloves and goggles. I attach my helmet on my backpack that serves as my personal item.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I usually use a backpack type too. But last fall I was heading to Calgary and used my Eddie Bauer wheeled carry on. I wasn't taking skis, so this worked well. I have the Salomon "go to ski" back pack. And as others have said, wheeled suitcase, sport tube, I only have hands for a backpack.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I've looked at the Athalon "The Glider" rolling bag before... seems like a good solution, but I wound up getting a Dakine backpack instead. It clam-shells open and boots go in the bottom part :

1581901861226.png

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
That’s Rossi bag is a bit big and you will have problems if the airline is fussy or actually forces you to put into the size basket.

SYNC makes a good one that is built to fit perfectly into the international baggage sizer. Fits everything my daughter uses except her helmets when we travel overseas.

Black Dog

Its all downhill from here..
Skier
That’s Rossi bag is a bit big and you will have problems if the airline is fussy or actually forces you to put into the size basket.

SYNC makes a good one that is built to fit perfectly into the international baggage sizer. Fits everything my daughter uses except her helmets when we travel overseas.
The Rossi bag is Airline carryon legal, I took it all over the us, Canada and Europe the last couple of months and never once had a issue with it. I actually had a gate attendant in Europe ask me where I got it so she could get one.

Jeffc7

Booting up
Skier
The Rossi bag is Airline carryon legal, I took it all over the us, Canada and Europe the last couple of months and never once had a issue with it. I actually had a gate attendant in Europe ask me where I got it so she could get one.

I have the Rossi bag also, but the black/yellow without the compression straps. I got hassled 1 time pre security in LAX. They made me take stuff out. I put it in my backpack, went through security, and then put it back in the carryon. The airline didn’t care about the size. It easily fit in 737 overhead. It also fits the 27.5 boots easily with room to spare. If my bag had the compression straps, I don’t think security walls have said anything.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This is ours - we have extra room in length for our 25.5 boots so I think 27.5 would fit. (ETA, ours actually might be smaller. They are definitely carry on size, and the measurements on this one might not be. But they look exactly like this one.)

Black Dog

Skier
[
I have the Rossi bag also, but the black/yellow without the compression straps. I got hassled 1 time pre security in LAX. They made me take stuff out. I put it in my backpack, went through security, and then put it back in the carryon. The airline didn’t care about the size. It easily fit in 737 overhead. It also fits the 27.5 boots easily with room to spare. If my bag had the compression straps, I don’t think security walls have said anything.
That must be a different bag. All the measurements on mine meet FAA guidelines. I have put in template box at the Airport and fits without a problem. One pair of boots fit really snug no extra room. My wife has the same bag also, never an issue.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
One of our sponsors is Kulkea you could check with them and see if they have anything with wheels for boots.

Black Dog

Skier
Search around. I bought my wife's from a different place put can't remember where. Maybe Amazon?
I think I saw them in a plain blue also there is a similar one with Lange branding also.

Last edited:

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah the Rossi bag was too big for us. If I remember the specs posted were not including the expanded part (we measured it) So we passed (even when able to pick it up for next to nothing).
The Sync carry on was right on the limit and side by side the Rossi bag is much thicker. Could I get away with it sure, but just don’t want to mess with any hassle when we travel.

Sponsor

Staff online