• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Whitewalker 121s should I pull the trigger

James

Out There
Instructor
Just saying for a Powder Ski I will only use a handful of times each year
Six days of dedicated powder skiing this year? That’s actually a fair amount. Probably counts 2x resort powder days. Random resort days could add more.
How many days total? Just curious.

TS
dovski

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Six days of dedicated powder skiing this year? That’s actually a fair amount. Probably counts 2x resort powder days. Random resort days could add more.
How many days total? Just curious.
Right now I am at 37 days. Last year I was at 35 but tore a calf muscle and lost my last 4-5 weeks of skiing, with that I got in 5 real POW days. This year I have probably had two real POW days plus the Cat skiing. One of those POW days was in Switzerland and I was on rentals so would not have traveled with the POW skis for that even if I had them. Would have been at 40 days this year, but my daughter tore her ACL so we had to cancel our Banff trip and ended up getting 3 days at Bachelor instead of 6 in Banff. Season is not over yet, so will probably cap out in the mid 40s this year vs the 50 plus I was hoping for. Has been a strange season with regard to snow.

For context I have skied 12 different resorts plus a couple days back/side country this year and hit three different countries, two states, one canton and one province. 14 of my ski days were at my home mountain.

Last edited:

AltaSkier

I stick uphill ice...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The good thing about that DPS ski is that if you don't like it, you should have no problem unloading it. Hope everybody heals up for next season! Glad you are getting some turns in the soft stuff!

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
The good thing about that DPS ski is that if you don't like it, you should have no problem unloading it. Hope everybody heals up for next season! Glad you are getting some turns in the soft stuff!
Completely agree, I think there is a better resale market for the DPS ski than the Blizzard or Whitewalker, so overall a ver safe choice. Worst case scenario I sell it and buy a longer ski.

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
So the Spurs arrived and are in great shape. Top sheet and edges are pretty much like new and the bases have two minor scratches that will disappear with one tune. Looks like whoever owned these never had them tuned as the bases have the factory finish on them I.e. no structure.

Now these skis were so big/ wide that the ski shop they went to had to remove the brake and heal pieces so they can fit them in the box. I have never mounted bindings before but this looks pretty simple to do, any pointers or recommendations so I don’t wreck the skis in the process lol
IMG_0399.jpeg
IMG_0400.jpeg

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
So the DPS Pagoda Lotus 124s just arrived. The skis look pristine save for one small chip on the top sheet. Aside from that not a scratch. Bases and edges are flawless with a fresh tune ... now all we need is some POW and we are in business. Total out of pocket cost after trade in was about $200 ... thank you Powder7 :)

IMG_0404.jpeg
IMG_0405.jpeg
IMG_0406.jpeg

AltaSkier

I stick uphill ice...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So the DPS Pagoda Lotus 124s just arrived. The skis look pristine save for one small chip on the top sheet. Aside from that not a scratch. Bases and edges are flawless with a fresh tune ... now all we need is some POW and we are in business. Total out of pocket cost after trade in was about $200 ... thank you Powder7 :)

View attachment 233926 View attachment 233924 View attachment 233925
I'll give you $300 for them now! Just think, a 50% increase on your investment in a few hours!

James

Out There
Instructor
Nice ski, but damn Dps is often so bland with top sheets.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
So the Spurs arrived and are in great shape. Top sheet and edges are pretty much like new and the bases have two minor scratches that will disappear with one tune. Looks like whoever owned these never had them tuned as the bases have the factory finish on them I.e. no structure.

Now these skis were so big/ wide that the ski shop they went to had to remove the brake and heal pieces so they can fit them in the box. I have never mounted bindings before but this looks pretty simple to do, any pointers or recommendations so I don’t wreck the skis in the process lol
View attachment 233507 View attachment 233508
I’d take a sharp razor blade and carefully remove the old glue and maybe a little of the volcanoed top sheet material. Then squeeze some Roo-glue into the holes. Use a #3 pozi-driver and carefully thread the screws into the existing threads and hand tighten. If you get any spinners, stop and repair them (or take to shop). Once everything is tight, place skis top sheet down to dry.

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
I'll give you $300 for them now! Just think, a 50% increase on your investment in a few hours!
This was my consolation price since I missed out on the $19 Blizzard Spurs ... but that is what happens when you go skiing instead of ski shopping lol. Tell you what let me ski on them a couple times and if I hate them we can talk lol

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
I’d take a sharp razor blade and carefully remove the old glue and maybe a little of the volcanoed top sheet material. Then squeeze some Roo-glue into the holes. Use a #3 pozi-driver and carefully thread the screws into the existing threads and hand tighten. If you get any spinners, stop and repair them (or take to shop). Once everything is tight, place skis top sheet down to dry.
Thanks my local ski shop remounted them for me free of charge ... nice perk when you spend $$$ on tuning with them lol

Sponsor

Staff online