• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is another cool story of a young skier rising to the occasion.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
She blipped on my radar this summer while she was racing in South America. Daughter of Italian world cupper Daniella Cicarelli but racing for Albania. She also has Slalom chops & starts 46th today!

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
For the last 10 years or so, I thought women’s GS was the most fun and competitive. Beginning to think women slalom is the shizz right now, looks to me like anyone of those top 5 could take it!…
2693EA5A-EC3B-423B-8198-1FF070161619.jpeg

Looks like Colturi DNF’d

Last edited:

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
For the last 10 years or so, I thought women’s GS was the most fun and competitive. Beginning to think women slalom is the shizz right now, looks to me like anyone of those top 5 could take it!…
View attachment 184218
Looks like Colturi DNF’d

ABSOLLUTELY !!!! ME TOO!!!

All the women are amazing as athletes, and seemingly, as human beings.
I find myself cheering on every one as a favorite.
And now these teenagers are coming out charging !!!

And it’s not that the mens side of things isn’t at a remarkable level either - but these women are just mesmerizing, and enchanting, and inspirational.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah it looked like Shiffy had time to order a pizza between some of those mid mountain turns.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
I liked the look of that 9 year old Canadian.
She seems to have something worth keeping an eye on.

James

Out There
Instructor
I’m pretty sure the scoreboard at Killington had her listed at 28yrs old. But maybe we read it wrong.

Franziska Gritsch held the lead forever on the second run. She seemed upset in the finish, looking like she didn’t do well. Just judging from her reaction, I expected her time to be beat quickly. Nope.

Light rain started pretty much when Shiffrin was in the finish 2nd run. So as far as I know, it wasn’t raining. There were a fair amount of people out skiing.
Killington did a good job with the buses. I parked down at the Skyeship, 5.5 miles away. Worked out great.

1A0E79E7-26FF-4B65-B616-31DE692E50E7.jpeg

Watching from finish area. Second run in that area was a good crowd right of cameras. Lots of cow bells and the guy with the old car horn.

D52D3B06-6659-4DFB-8C09-07316047A234.jpeg

Inspecting 2nd set.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online