• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 20-21 Four Corners Weather, Conditions, Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Peeked at the AZSB web cam this morning to see a light dust of snow at the base, maybe 1". More interesting, I think I see a big cable spool sitting there.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Peeked at the AZSB web cam this morning to see a light dust of snow at the base, maybe 1". More interesting, I think I see a big cable spool sitting there.

Looks like a news crew is up there doing a story on the new gondi I'm guessing. Nice to see some white up there!

cholla

Booting up
Skier
Arizona Gondola haul rope is up! Seems like the webcam is often "down" during the interesting parts of construction, but hoping to see some chairs and cabins hanging this week.....

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
Arizona Gondola haul rope is up!
... and the construction crew is able to work in nice toasty conditions: 56F at 10am. Grrrrrr ... if they have opening day on Nov 20 as scheduled, especially given the current 10 day forecast manages only a smattering of snow at the weekend, I'm expecting them to have a display behind plexiglass of the snowflake giving Snowbowl its name!

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
... and the construction crew is able to work in nice toasty conditions: 56F at 10am. Grrrrrr ... if they have opening day on Nov 20 as scheduled, especially given the current 10 day forecast manages only a smattering of snow at the weekend, I'm expecting them to have a display behind plexiglass of the snowflake giving Snowbowl its name!

It looks like night time lows get into the good snowmaking temps starting on the 7th. I bet they can get ridge fully covered by the 20th as long as we don’t get inversions.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Arizona Gondola haul rope is up! Seems like the webcam is often "down" during the interesting parts of construction, but hoping to see some chairs and cabins hanging this week.....

Was hoping to catch it while they were pulling that cable. Curious how they do that? Anyone with some insight to the process?

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
First dump incoming. :D

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sunrise getting dusted

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
(Sniped from the Colorado subforum)

Good chance of Four Corners snow this weekend according to https://durangoweatherguy.com/
Thanks for sharing. I've been underwhelmed by the frequency of Lee's posts on Opensnow the last couple years which has kept me from supporting it. I generally end up watching the New Mexico writer for coverage. I'm grateful for another voice to try to triangulate our weather.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This place is still on my list. Any news about the cyclone peak lift?

No news. Which means nothing has changed. The existing chair cannot be fixed.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
The chondola is going to make first chair line ups on pow day’s a bit more complicated.

I know......first world problems.

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
Can any of you explain how passholders at Coleman resorts are reserving tickets? Or are they exempt from the entire reservation process?

Last edited:

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can any of you explain how passholders at Coleman resorts are reserving tickets? Or are they exempt from the entire reservation process?

As for Snowbowl, all I could find was this:
"We don’t anticipate a reservation system for our passholders. "
https://www.snowbowl.ski/safety-guidelines/

And exact same language on the Purg web site
https://www.purgatoryresort.com/winterexperience/

This is my first season as a pass holder so not sure of the usual procedure non-covid. Are the passes direct to lift typically, or was there some check-in needed?

Shifterkart

Putting on skis
Skier
This is my first season as a pass holder so not sure of the usual procedure non-covid. Are the passes direct to lift typically, or was there some check-in needed?

In past non-covid years no need to check-in. As long as you have your pass with you it is straight to the lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online