Noodler

Ready to swap swings for turns...
Skier
It's too new to have the Closed Captioning feature enabled. Hopefully soon for those of us who do not speak German. Thanks for the post.
I watched the video in German all the way through and it looks like it may be the best Stöckli manufacturing video published. It turns out that Marius Quast (the YouTube poster) provides English captions on his videos (doesn't need to use YouTube's crappy auto-translate feature). I can't wait until Marius adds the English captions to this video.

Skeezer

At the base lodge
Skier
I am a first time poster looking for advice on sizing for a Laser AX. I am a 5’8” (173cm) 155# advanced skier who skied 38 days last season at Snowbasin before the COVID shut down. My current daily drivers are Enforcer 100s in 177 length. I was originally thinking the 175 Laser AX would be appropriate for my size, but after reading posts here from others of larger stature than I that found the 168 to be a better fit than the 175, I am not sure which length I should be on. I would appreciate any and all recommendations, and thanks in advance.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am a first time poster looking for advice on sizing for a Laser AX. I am a 5’8” (173cm) 155# advanced skier who skied 38 days last season at Snowbasin before the COVID shut down. My current daily drivers are Enforcer 100s in 177 length. I was originally thinking the 175 Laser AX would be appropriate for my size, but after reading posts here from others of larger stature than I that found the 168 to be a better fit than the 175, I am not sure which length I should be on. I would appreciate any and all recommendations, and thanks in advance.
It really depends what you want out of the ski. You could go with either length, 167, if you want a shorter quick turning ski, 175, it a longer turn, more stable.

doc

Getting on the lift
Skier
Nice taste in skis and ski sizes.
I ski the Enforcer 100 in 177 and the Laser AX in 175.
I'm 5'11 and a couple pounds on either side of 150, depending on recent beer consumption.
There are times, particularly in the bumps, when I would prefer the AX in 168 but at higher speeds on groomers or non-bumped slopes, I'm glad for the 175.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
^^^ What Phil and doc said. I'm 5'8", 140# and find the AX in 167 perfect The criterion I might add is that, if in between sizes, I will always opt for the shorter length in a ski because I much prefer bumps to groomers. Unless there's freshies to be found, I'm almost always in the bumps. And I've found the AX to be the best ski in bumps I've ever owned.

Skeezer

At the base lodge
Skier
Thanks to Phil, doc and cosmoliu for your advice and personal experiences. Bottom line is decide on size based on how and what I intend to ski, either could work.

Skeezer

At the base lodge
Skier
Nice taste in skis and ski sizes.
I ski the Enforcer 100 in 177 and the Laser AX in 175.
I'm 5'11 and a couple pounds on either side of 150, depending on recent beer consumption.
There are times, particularly in the bumps, when I would prefer the AX in 168 but at higher speeds on groomers or non-bumped slopes, I'm glad for the 175.
Do you feel the Laser AX in 175 skis long or similar in length to your Enforcers in 177? Thanks!

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
I ski the 175s and I don’t feel they ski long at all. Snow basin is a big mountain so really depends on how you ski it. If you are a grip it and rip it go 175 or maybe you spend your time bumps or more technical skiing go with the 168s. You are kind of between sizes so it boils down your style.

doc

Getting on the lift
Skier
Do you feel the Laser AX in 175 skis long or similar in length to your Enforcers in 177? Thanks!
Very similar in feel lengthwise. There are many who feel the Enforcers ski short, and I'm inclined to agree.
And, having skied one day at WPMJ with @cosmoliu (both of us on our AX's if I recall correctly), you should listen to what he has to say.

neonorchid

Out on the slopes
Skier
Curious, do the same AX ski length recommendations also apply to the AR or should we plan to size up from that of the AX with the AR?