• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2020-2021 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Looks like things are more/less back to normal at LL>
Basin00001.jpg

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
well, that all looks great! Wednesday is supposed to be a high of 1* so I doubt there will be many out there.

TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I went and looked at what parking reservations were going to open up for this weekend since they were opening 7 days of parking reservations today. Not a single additional weekend spot opened up. This could be a rough season for getting access to copper on a weekend.

Crazy right! I think checking the reservation system often might be key. I'm sure the recent additional capacity restrictions is playing a role also.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Had a nice bike ride over the weekend on the US 36 Bikeway. It was striking how little snow there is in the high country looking from the Boulder scenic overlook. Longs Peak is bare.

PXL_20201128_222637310.jpg
PXL_20201128_222613873.jpg

That's looking right at WP on the other side of the divide and they need snow. Hopefully, their snowmaking investments will pay off (done?).

They did a great job plowing the US 36 Bikeway. It was in fantastic shape compared to secondary bike paths that were plowed but still had slick spots. It's a great place to ride through the winter.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Nice pix. I rode Saturday (nice day for it) from Golden north around Standley Lake, up to Rocky Mtn Regional Airport and back through the far northwest suburbs, and had the same impression of lack of snow cover in mtns, but did have to ride thru some small piles on north facing curves. Better than skiing, at least on that day.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I have multiple friends who bought Loveland passes in the last week because there are no available reservations at Copper between now and April on Wednesday.

Or it's cause they just really want to ski with me.

I’m starting to hope this season is a historic snow bust so people don’t figure out they are spending twice as much for an inferior experience elsewhere during this whack season where LL is the capacity overflow mountain.

TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’m starting to hope this season is a historic snow bust so people don’t figure out they are spending twice as much for an inferior experience elsewhere during this whack season where LL is the capacity overflow mountain.

:geek:

albeit very limited terrain so far, my LL "experience" spending is down to $51.15 per day now. :duck:

:ogbiggrin:

Reactions: nay

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anybody ski Copper today? @mikel?

Glad to see the base cams came online this afternoon as I was starting to worry about collusion! Looks decent.

1606762802800.jpeg

Great to see all the lift capacity with three HS6s and two HSQs to spread folks out. Just a few runs open off each, except the Super Bee runs that are just for racers for now. With an 18" base the bumps are a long way off. The long term forecast looks terrible.

James

Out There
Instructor

Glad to see the base cams came online this afternoon as I was starting to worry about collusion! Looks decent.

View attachment 116452

Great to see all the lift capacity with three HS6s and two HSQs to spread folks out. Just a few runs open off each, except the Super Bee runs that are just for racers for now. With an 18" base the bumps are a long way off. The long term forecast looks terrible.
Wow, they’ve built that much of a half pipe already?? That’s some serious snow making and moving.

TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier

View attachment 116452

Nope I took a pass on today. Definitely skiing tomorrow though. Suppose to be cold, snowy, and windy with little accumulation. I will let you know how it is. I also got a chuckle out of no early morning center village cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online