• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2020-2021 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
yeah, nice! I was always a "B Lot" kind of guy. I have looked to see if you can reserve a spot there yet?

Yes, but I think they changed the name to Ten Mile Lot. And the Flyer Lot, which is where @dbostedo took that photo, is now for premier members, or something like that (pre-paid season parking pass). Don't quote me -- this is all new stuff, I think I have it close to correct, anyway.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
not sure what you mean?

I was trying to figure out what condition would make that not true, and I’m sure it is something I’ve repressed, and so I want to know but I also don’t.

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
A-Basin is now less crowded than Loveland.

View attachment 116332
What does the maze look like for Lenawee?
That triple can certainly put a lot of people in a seat vs in line

convenient the cam is back up!

Any day tickets available for A-ABasin? I wonder if any single day ticket skiers switch when they see this camera and the extra lift? Could even things out

Just about everybody being open next weekend should also change the distribution. And maybe LL gets 6 open too with another week of snowmaking and a small storm

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I wonder if no seeding for Vail mean more snow for Copper?

Good point! It might be so!

"Evil empire been stealing Copper's flakes" would make an awesome headline :roflmao:

TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Speaking of Loveland. Got 7 days in. At least a little more variety for day 7. Glad Copper is opening tomorrow.

And the really good news. Summit has gone from 16.3% down to 7.8% in like 2 weeks. I wonder if they will drop the code red or cancel some of the latest capacity restrictions?

Last edited:

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And the really good news. Summit has gone from 16.3% down to 7.8% in like 2 weeks. I wonder if they will drop the code red or cancel some of the latest capacity restrictions?
Unfortunately, I think Summit is a very long way from moving to orange. :(

The cumulative incidence is still off the charts at 1,200. It needs to be below 350 for two weeks before they can consider moving to orange. The drop in the positivity is likely due to increased testings after opening up more testing sites.

COVID-19 dial dashboard | Colorado COVID-19 Updates 2020-11-29 16-51-34.png

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
I agree! I mean just look at Ski Magazine's Resorts 2021: Where to ski this season. Loveland barely made the cut at #30 :roflmao:

Nothing to see at Loveland. Move along.
And don't even think of visiting LL in January or February once the Ridge opens. The snow is too deep off of 8 and the Ridge is just too flat. Definitely nothing to see there.

palikona

Getting off the lift
Skier
And don't even think of visiting LL in January or February once the Ridge opens. The snow is too deep off of 8 and the Ridge is just too flat. Definitely nothing to see there.

Plus it’s colder, windier and full of Sastrugi. Lift 9 is a god awful ride most days when it’s a hurricane up there. Much better to pass by and head to Vail or Breck where the fun is.

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
Unfortunately, I think Summit is a very long way from moving to orange. :(

The cumulative incidence is still off the charts at 1,200. It needs to be below 350 for two weeks before they can consider moving to orange. The drop in the positivity is likely due to increased testings after opening up more testing sites.

View attachment 116349
Yeah it ain’t gonna be soon.

I think of it this way. If they could halve the rate for each week—and that is crazy optimistic—it would take two weeks to get under 350, and then two weeks to stay there.

So the overly optimistic timeline is 4 weeks total.

But that doesn’t include anything that might spike from Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I think if we are being honest with ourselves there won’t be a decline until after Christmas, and then it is really going to take 6-8 weeks to get under 350 and stay there. So....that means Level Orange in March?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online