• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah 2020-2021 Utah Resorts, Weather, Conditions and Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My daughter and I will be there starting Monday, hope conditions are still as good as these pictures look.
Well, by our standards, we need fresh snow and colder temps. But the groomers have been really fun this week. It's supposed to cool off and possibly snow next week. Let's hope so. Expect firm groomers in the morning and slush by early afternoon if it doesn't.

Woodsrider427

Getting on the lift
Skier
Well, by our standards, we need fresh snow and colder temps. But the groomers have been really fun this week. It's supposed to cool off and possibly snow next week. Let's hope so. Expect firm groomers in the morning and slush by early afternoon if it doesn't.
Thanks for the feedback. I am sure your standards are quite higher than mine and "firm groomers" are what we know best.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
VERY NICE! We have a ski film star in our midst! Way to go @4ster.
He's in a lot of videos. @4ster is one of my favorite people to watch ski. Once in awhile, I get to follow him around-not a bad person to emulate.

I found this from 2014 (since this is a Utah resorts thread) which was shown in Utah prior to the Warren Miller movie. This was when you could still find untracked at Snowbasin for days. It was fun for me to watch again, because now I can pick out pretty much every spot he's skiing. It's pretty good skiing stoke no matter what. I think those are the same skis he was on this week!

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I think those are the same skis he was on this week!
They are! Like a fine wine some things just get better with age (& some masterful tuning ;) ).

Thanks for posting that, it’s been awhile since I’ve seen it! Nice to know I can still find it on YouTube.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
They are! Like a fine wine some things just get better with age (& some masterful tuning ;) ).

Thanks for posting that, it’s been awhile since I’ve seen it! Nice to know I can still find it on YouTube.
How many days do you think those skis have on them? I can’t believe they have any camber left whatsoever!

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
How many days do you think those skis have on them? I can’t believe they have any camber left whatsoever!
Maybe 500 days & they still have camber. They don’t grip the ice as well as when they were new but they ski all other conditions just fine. l even ski them in deep powder & they have no rocker/rise at all.

justaute

Graceful Bowling Ball
Skier
Hello y'all...

Going to Alta tomorrow morning for the first time. What time should my arrival time be if I want to avoid LCC traffic? Thanks.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
probably should aim to get to alta by 815 or earlier to ensure parking available. since no fresh snowover night you might get away with arriving a little later, but crowds have still been fairly large due to nice sunny weather.

justaute

Graceful Bowling Ball
Skier
probably should aim to get to alta by 815 or earlier to ensure parking available. since no fresh snowover night you might get away with arriving a little later, but crowds have still been fairly large due to nice sunny weather.

Got to Alta at 7:40 AM and got a good parking spot in Row 3 and first position, directly across from the rental shop/Collins Lift.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I made a few runs with @jmills115 today, 8Mar21. Let's say it was skiing that was good for you. The groomers were firm and the offpiste was crunchy. One of those days when it didn't warm up enough to get springy. Hopefully, a little bit of new snow is coming Tues-Weds?
Jmills in search of death cookies in Lower Cirque.
justin lower cirque.jpg

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My idea of the Cirque to finish the day may not have been the best. The idea was rewarded with a traverse in “firm” conditions and a sidestep up to get where I should have been

There weren’t many other skiers in Mineral today

BC801100-66A4-429A-B18D-6AC2BF10696D.jpeg AE3C92D8-9C3D-4CCB-88D5-B39489490E26.jpeg 9346C718-0BDA-4135-851A-3E528656F46C.jpeg 0BFC9A28-EE28-42B7-B8DB-CDA3375BAEB8.jpeg 47028CBE-720E-41DD-BD47-B208D83B159B.jpeg
I took #bbmakeitsnowagain out for a lap before meeting Jim.
@bbinder
3EA8857B-511B-4497-8082-3EC39A329B60.jpeg

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hope the skis made things a little more pleasant

Woodsrider427

Getting on the lift
Skier
Anyone going to be at Alta or Snowbird tomorrow and interested in meeting up for a few runs? My daughter is taking a day off so I’ll be flying solo.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The extra warm weather over the past week sure made things turn to garbage. Extra scritchy scratchy today, with a fluff of fresh on top made it dust on crust extraordinaire. Throw in some frozen marbles, deep grooves from snowcats, and it was interesting! I did just fine and worked on some drills, but ack that warm weather really screwed things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor