• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2021-2022 Northeast Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hit Sugarbush yesterday, Conditions were firm, but good. Heavens Gate lift was open, but Lower Downspout (trail below lift) was closed, causing huge crowds at Heavens Gate lift until the afternoon, when things lightened up.
Rain in forecast for Monday, then turning colder and snow mid week. Hoping there is no major thaw before end of year.

James

Out There
Instructor
Conditions have been pretty ghastly in crucial areas. Home Depot concrete floor.
Beginner area nice. Lower mountain ok, but that’s 1 1/2 trails.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I skied a partial day at the River yesterday. First day out. There were several doors to choose among. Door 1 was a stampede of Santas and children at South Ridge. I stumbled into that one once. Eek. On Spruce they were blowing snow on American Express, which was interesting and not too crowded if you were up to the visibility challenges. I wasn't. Risky Business was mobbed. Barker was hosting tons of race teams having some kind of potlatch. I pretty much stayed there even though conditions were very firm, because the runs weren't too crowded. Singles line not too bad. My first day skills could have used a really good green run, but you can't have everything. At least there were plenty of good models on the hill.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I'll be at Stowe Friday through Sunday (December 10th to the 12th) if anybody wants to meet up for some turns.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think he is suggesting one of those ski models might have responded to Kevin's post if it was before the post with their picture. There are dreamers out there...............

I don't really know either?

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Looks like more of a rain event for the weekend. Some sleet might keep the crowds at home. Maybe the higher elevations will stay cold? Sunday might be ok.

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier
I skied a partial day at the River yesterday. First day out. There were several doors to choose among. Door 1 was a stampede of Santas and children at South Ridge. I stumbled into that one once. Eek. On Spruce they were blowing snow on American Express, which was interesting and not too crowded if you were up to the visibility challenges. I wasn't. Risky Business was mobbed. Barker was hosting tons of race teams having some kind of potlatch. I pretty much stayed there even though conditions were very firm, because the runs weren't too crowded. Singles line not too bad. My first day skills could have used a really good green run, but you can't have everything. At least there were plenty of good models on the hill.
Saturday and Sunday were nearly full-field FIS races with both men and women, so between 130 and 140 racers per gender. Saturday's surface was damn near perfect (for racing); even after that many racers, the track was in pretty good shape. Sunday had enough soft stuff on top to have some surface irregularities, but in most places it got down to a good surface.

Yesterday there was a fair bit of crumbling with traffic due to the thaw/freeze Monday, but by today, most of that seemed to be a non-issue after a little bit of fresh snow and some more grooming. I haven't spent much time away from the race hill, though, so take that with a few grains of salt.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The snow is SO pretty this morning. Kills me that we are JUUUUST starting to get going here and it's all going to get washed away in a heavy warm rain tomorrow.

This has been happening my whole life. I don't know how there can be a surprised bone left in my body. But every year, there it is.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Shudda been here yesterday.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
The snow is SO pretty this morning. Kills me that we are JUUUUST starting to get going here and it's all going to get washed away in a heavy warm rain tomorrow.

This has been happening my whole life. I don't know how there can be a surprised bone left in my body. But every year, there it is.
Look on the bright side. At least it will all turn to boilerplate the following day. :duck:

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
Stratton was nice on Wednesday. Icy early, or rather, “firm,” but the flurries turned into a lot of snow. Today they’re reporting they got 5”.

It’s nice to ski when it’s snowing - the Christmas card effect.

James

Out There
Instructor
If it snows at a ski area and no one takes a photo, did it really snow?
There’ll be no Christmas cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online