• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2021-2022 Northeast Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
How is Okemo?
I've not been since I was a kid...pre 1990.
If I show up on a random Tuesday is it not a zoo? Is it kinda like a big sunapee or better.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
2020-21 changed the midweek game for many resorts. Midweek was always fine at Okemo, but was much more crowded last year. It’s not clear what 2021-22 will bring, with more people moving into their second homes full time and more people working from home altogether. It seems more kids will be in school this year, so that should mitigate the midweek crowding a bit.

I think it’s better than Sunapee: bigger, lots of new terrain since you skied there. And actual good food if you’re willing to spend the money!

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
IKON passes come in the mail today so today is an extra stoke day. Plans are to explore Stratton, Sugarbush and use our days at Killington. Maybe even opening day if I can get the day off.

Since you have an Ikon, keep the NEG in mind for late March, probably at Kton this year. All are welcome and the more the merrier. I only attended one so far, the Mad River day a few years ago, and there were about 30 Pug skiers. After a few warm up runs, everyone sort of naturally broke off into several groups by terrain choice and things went very smoothly. The weather wasn't the best that weekend, but that's NE.

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
Went full Ikon for this coming season and should be able to join up at Killington or Sugarbush. Magic and Stratton are also local options for me but one is an acquired taste and the other is convenient. I’ll let you decide which is which but not seeing either of them on the list regardless.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Went full Ikon for this coming season and should be able to join up at Killington or Sugarbush. Magic and Stratton are also local options for me but one is an acquired taste and the other is convenient. I’ll let you decide which is which but not seeing either of them on the list regardless.
We also went full Ikon. Just came in today's mail!

As to Stratton v Magic. I like Magic for the occasional powder day and they are occasional. Stratton I like for the fact that it is on the Ikon, for being closer than K or S and for having good lifts and snowmaking prowess.

Planning to ski Sugarbush a bunch this season and get some days in at K as well. Being a retired, fair-weather skier - look for me midweek when it snows!

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
We also went full Ikon. Just came in today's mail!

As to Stratton v Magic. I like Magic for the occasional powder day and they are occasional. Stratton I like for the fact that it is on the Ikon, for being closer than K or S and for having good lifts and snowmaking prowess.

Planning to ski Sugarbush a bunch this season and get some days in at K as well. Being a retired, fair-weather skier - look for me midweek when it snows!
Magic is the place on a powder day but still love it when coverage is decent and most of the terrain is open. Just need to have a dedicated Magic ski and know where the really big rocks are and not get too hung up on sacrificing base and edge material! And, they are doing a decent job at addressing the warts without risking what makes it special.

Also, an Ikon Pass is not a bad insurance policy and excuse for fast laps midweek at Stratton.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Magic is the place on a powder day but still love it when coverage is decent and most of the terrain is open. Just need to have a dedicated Magic ski and know where the really big rocks are and not get too hung up on sacrificing base and edge material! And, they are doing a decent job at addressing the warts without risking what makes it special.
I have an Indy Pass and hope to hit Magic this season. It sounds like my Laurel Mountain skis will work well there. :ogbiggrin:

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My wife and I got Indy Passes this year and we hope to make it to Magic this coming season, as well. I have never skied there, so looking forward to a new mtn experience. I will bring some old skis and some powder skis, just in case.

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
I have an Indy Pass and hope to hit Magic this season. It sounds like my Laurel Mountain skis will work well there. :ogbiggrin:
I shouldn’t make it sound so dire. Coverage on green and blue runs can be very good and getting better each year. The blacks and woods are where you do the damage to the skis in an average year. Kind of like a Mad River Glen experience on those runs and part of the fun…

I’d also be down with a Magic day if there is interest.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
My wife and I got Indy Passes this year and we hope to make it to Magic this coming season, as well. I have never skied there, so looking forward to a new mtn experience. I will bring some old skis and some powder skis, just in case.

Message me when your come to Magic. I would be happy to show you guys around.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I shouldn’t make it sound so dire. Coverage on green and blue runs can be very good and getting better each year. The blacks and woods are where you do the damage to the skis in an average year. Kind of like a Mad River Glen experience on those runs and part of the fun…

I’d also be down with a Magic day if there is interest.

I have Magic skis and other mountain skis. Depending on the day any trail could be tricky for conditions. One day I was skiing what we call through the woods which is the section of magic carpet past lower Trick but before sunshine corner and it was bam, bam, bam with rocks. They do a great job with cleaning that stuff up tho so it doesn't last for long. Definitely message me when you get to Magic. Always love to ski with folks

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Since you have an Ikon, keep the NEG in mind for late March, probably at Kton this year. All are welcome and the more the merrier. I only attended one so far, the Mad River day a few years ago, and there were about 30 Pug skiers. After a few warm up runs, everyone sort of naturally broke off into several groups by terrain choice and things went very smoothly. The weather wasn't the best that weekend, but that's NE.

I definitely will. Sounds like a blast. Maybe my terrain coach will be there @Guy in Shorts

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Now there is a mental picture that makes me crack up. Guy in Shorts is a hoot.

Lolol. He totally is. I've skied with him a bunch and he has this magical ability to get me on any trail. I'm like wait how did I get here haha. I trust him tho because he's never brought me anywhere I wasn't able to get down. He skis behind me as sweeper and shouts out words of encouragement. It's hilarious because his wife says he should have a don't follow me sticker on his back but I'll follow him anywhere lol.

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
IKON passes come in the mail today so today is an extra stoke day. Plans are to explore Stratton, Sugarbush and use our days at Killington. Maybe even opening day if I can get the day off.
Let me know when you will be at Killington. Will help you work on conquering the steeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online