• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Line Blade W

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia: This ski is quite the diversion for Line Skis, so it piqued my interest. With this width, I would probably try it in a different length, but the ski tech manning the Line tent said this was the right length for me. This ski was good at plowing through crud and delivering a sense of stability, but it took a little effort to get on edge. My gut says that it was a little stiff for me in this length and I should give it another try in the 167 length. I’ll be reaching out to the Line rep when we get back on snow.

Insider tip: They drew a Line in the sand -- errrrr, snow -- with this one.​

Who is it for?
Someone looking for something unconventional.
Who is it not for?
Skiers looking for a nimble daily driver.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Off Piste
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
153, 160, 167
Dimensions
140-92-114
Radius
"tight," per Line's data sheet
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. Flat

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Long Term Update: I got my wish and spent the entire day on the Line Blade in 167cm. After spending a lot of time on early season groomers with skinny skis, the first few turns on the Blade were definitely a different sensation. Fortunately Mt Rose had a few inches of fresh snow over night giving me a chance to put the Blade through a variety of conditions, including moguls, cut up crud and groomers.
This ski is stable, confidence inspiring and downright unflappable.
If I were to characterize it I'd call it my body guard. Just when I feel like there's a threat in my path, the Blade steps in with arms crossed, serious voice and says...."Not on my watch!"

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
03CCEA66-200B-4359-8ABF-FEB6927025BB.jpeg Long term update: Just for $hits and giggles I skied the women's 167's and all I can say is, "They are a hoot!". Getting on these immediately reminded me of when I first skied the Elan SCX back in 95. They started us off on the 183cm then once we got the feel of them, dropped us to the 163cm.

The 167cm version of the Blade was a whole lot of fun with very little loss in stability from the 174cm. If I lived on a smallish (sub 500ft) hill that was prone to freak storms, this would definitely be on my short list. No pun intended.

These really shouldn't be sold by length, but either turn shape, Short, Shorter, Shortest or fun factor, Fun, Funner, Funnerest.

3A1A498C-FF5E-4684-80BA-A1E01953CE66.JPG

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Long term update: I got back on the Line Blade on Tuesday after about 5 inches of fresh snow. As you can imagine, the fresh tracks were choppy within a few runs. This is one area where the Blade really shines. Slicing through the tracked out powder and powering through the choppy conditions. When conditions turn from fresh fun to challenging chop, there's no need to feel challenged when you have the Blade on the job. Every time I ski this ski I have Paul Simon's tune in my head.

If you'll be my bodyguard
I can be your long lost pal
I can call you Blade
And Blade, you can call me, call me Al.

Okay so we have to work on the Al part, but you get the idea. The Line Blade is fun and unflappable.

Sponsor