• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2022-2023 Colorado Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Man o man it is a busy Front Range Friday at Breck today.

I access the hill in on Snowflake in the mornings. This morning there were two 15ish type girls on the chair in front of me. At off load one forgot to get off and around the wheel she went. Fortunately the lifted didn't get the chair stopped until i was on the unload platform. As I skied away all i could hear was the gal screaming WHAT DO I DO AHHHHHHH :roflmao:

noobski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Four days straight at Copper. Yay or Nay.
Only been once before, but I would go Nay. If you're on Ikon, add in A-Basin . I assume you don't have Epic given the Copper question. If you don't have a pass and paying out of pocket, add Loveland and A-Basin. I'd add Loveland even with Ikon pass. Those three places over four days would be what I would do.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
Crested Butte final report. soooo good. 11” fresh to start the week slowly skied out on 4 straight sunny days. Zero lift lines until Friday when gasp 5 minute lines appeared until about 2 pm.. Terrain reputation is correct. Personally I spent the most time on the paradise lift. Friendly town. Love the Nordic center staff and trails. Listened to KBUTT radio. Added to the return list.

DerKommissar

Getting on the lift
Skier
Crested Butte final report. soooo good. 11” fresh to start the week slowly skied out on 4 straight sunny days. Zero lift lines until Friday when gasp 5 minute lines appeared until about 2 pm.. Terrain reputation is correct. Personally I spent the most time on the paradise lift. Friendly town. Love the Nordic center staff and trails. Listened to KBUTT radio. Added to the return list.
Thanks for the updates! I’ll be there on Tuesday. Looks like a dry week, so I hope you left some snow for the rest of us.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sadly they groomed a lot more on Friday. Seek the trees. Looks like you might get a few inches on Sunday. Best wishes.

DerKommissar

Getting on the lift
Skier
Sadly they groomed a lot more on Friday. Seek the trees. Looks like you might get a few inches on Sunday. Best wishes.
When I go west, powder ends. I’ve skied 8 days in CO in the last three years and we only had fresh snow on one day. I’m doing 7 days across two trips this year in February, and it looks like my streak will continue. Not a single powder day last year either.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
When I go west, powder ends. I’ve skied 8 days in CO in the last three years and we only had fresh snow on one day. I’m doing 7 days across two trips this year in February, and it looks like my streak will continue. Not a single powder day last year either.
Do us all a solid, go to Montana, Taos, Whistler…….anywhere but Colorado! ;)

OSD

Getting on the lift
Skier
Drove to Copper from the tech center yesterday, left after 9 and no traffic at all. At least for those who know Copper is a two-lane exit. The one laners were backed up farther than I've ever seen before and we had to park on Copper Road. Which wasn't actually a bad thing because it took less time to walk to East Village than waiting for the shuttle at the lot. Also it was very nice at day's end to just walk back without waiting for the shuttle, especially the Purple which takes forever. Really, if I could choose I would just park there all the time.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Big thank you to Copper Lift Ops for keeping the lifts spinning in spite of the wind. Lots of stop-and-go and slow rides, but they got us to the top eventually. :thumb::thumb:

PXL_20230205_192603416.jpg PXL_20230205_193100205.jpg

There was endless wonderful wind-flattened chalk above treeline if you could tolerate the wind. :ogbiggrin:

Thanks also to ski patrol. Looked like they had a very busy day yesterday. :(

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've been back East 4 days now and miss it already - scheming next trip. After a trip I am always thinking about technique, what did I improve, where did I regress,, what can I do better, how do I get back to that.... it's like heroin for the soul.

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
Nice article on A-Basin and how it's going for them on the Ikon pass:

Some highlights:
- they get "over $10" per visit from the Ikon pass, which is triple what they got from Epic pass scans
- 40% fewer guests last season (compared to.... last season on the Epic pass? not totally clear)
- Feb & March 2022 were their most profitable months ever

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Nice article on A-Basin and how it's going for them on the Ikon pass:

Some highlights:
- they get "over $10" per visit from the Ikon pass, which is triple what they got from Epic pass scans
- 40% fewer guests last season (compared to.... last season on the Epic pass? not totally clear)
- Feb & March 2022 were their most profitable months ever

This is KEY right here:

"A-Basin’s corporate parent has made that possible. Toronto-based Dream, a publicly traded company with $17 billion in assets (almost triple Vail Resorts’ $6.28 billion), owns real estate all over the world, from boutique hotels to housing developments to industrial parks. But Dream only owns one ski area, and for years it’s put most of A-Basin’s profit back into infrastructure."

Without Dream A-Basin is toast no matter the visitation, the strategy etc. Solid day to day management and this, an awesome corporate parent willing to put in money not just milk its asset.

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
I'm planning to ski Copper & A-Basin 2/12 - 2/15 (Sun-Wed), staying in Frisco. Looking for some advise & folks interested in meeting up (plans to meet/ski w/ my son are evolving).

Sunday will be most crowded - better off at one or the other?

What about booting up at the car vs. somewhere at the base? Seems like with the shuttles at Copper (planning on Alpine lot), lot sounds like the best plan. Thinking base for A-Basin (rather than a long walk in boots)...

And guessing cell coverage good at base & spotty on the hill? (for meeting up)

Thanks

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm planning to ski Copper & A-Basin 2/12 - 2/15 (Sun-Wed), staying in Frisco. Looking for some advise & folks interested in meeting up (plans to meet/ski w/ my son are evolving).

What about booting up at the car vs. somewhere at the base? Seems like with the shuttles at Copper (planning on Alpine lot), lot sounds like the best plan. Thinking base for A-Basin (rather than a long walk in boots)...

And guessing cell coverage good at base & spotty on the hill? (for meeting up)

Thanks
Yes boot at car for both. Have done that same trip a few times. Enjoy.

TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Probably close to the same but depending on what you like to ski you might not be affected as much at Copper. A Basin sent out an email yesterday that this weekend is looking busy. Sat is sold out and they anticipate selling out Sun. You may only notice the Sun crowd at base lifts at Copper or when driving back to Frisco. :ogbiggrin: Wed and Tue are the least crowded days at Copper right now.

Booting up is a personal preference. I guess it's easier and cheaper to store your stuff doing it at the car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online