• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2022/2023 Steamboat Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Seeing as we have a man down, I thought it only right to start a Steamboat thread. Get well Ron! I have visited Steamboat several times and used the previous dedicated threads. So have at it.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The Boat is prospering. Lots of snow so far. I plan to spend as much time as the weather allows drinking the champagne.
Current snow-water equivalent (SWE) snowpack graph for the closest SNOTEL site to Steamboat... currently showing 152% of average SWE for this time of year.

1670461850635.png

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
I will be visiting the 'Boat again this winter, in late January. Hope it's rocking.

TS
Tytlynz64

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was gifted comp time for a special project completed and had a flight to Hayden booked for Sunday for 4 days only to be told I had to cancel to be on a plane to ….wait for it…..Louisiana. The tornado sirens outside Baton Rouge have been wailing. And then to see that…arrrrrghhh mumble mumble…..

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I may pass through Steamboat for 2 or 3 ski days around Jan 15, 16. Not exactly sure just yet. From the looks of @Drahtguy Kevin 's photos things are good at Steamboat this winter!
Closest Snotel site to Steamboat (Dry Lake, about 5 miles north of the resort) is at 160% of normal for snowpack so far this season.

1672415244802.png

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
I had to cancel my Steamboat trip Feb 4-11th- My Room is available. private bath w/1 queen and 1 twin- (king room in condo already booked with 2 ladies-) https://www.vacasa.com/unit/38116
If anyone is interested Please contact Maureen Kline <[email protected]> for details. tell her you're interested in my spot (mel/maryellen charles) is a fun group from Albany area NY that made the arrangements all are 55+

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
**Sorta a cross post from the Colorado thread but with a little more detail.**

919F25AE-4DCE-4AF9-8E8D-AA3A680D6270.jpeg
Stephen realizing he’s not in Tennessee anymore.

@Stephen and I skied Monday and found nice snow without much effort in the trees and sides of runs. Tuesday, however, was another story. Snow was in the forecast but not in the amounts that were delivered. Steamboat reported 7”, which was well under what we were skiing up high. We lapped Morningside soon after the rope dropped and giggled endlessly.

We eventually made our way back to the frontside and skied off Bar UE finding the goods in the trees. We ended the day off Sunshine and Sundown. We found glorious wind buff and carved it up.

Wednesday brings more snow…

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
We eventually made our way back to the frontside and skied off Bar UE finding the goods in the trees. We ended the day off Sunshine and Sundown. We found glorious wind buff and carved it up.

Wednesday brings more snow…
When I was out there last March- we skied the BAR UE lift most of the day after about 6-8" of snow- nobody was on the lift and we kept finding freshies on every run. What a fun little lift....

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
When I was out there last March- we skied the BAR UE lift most of the day after about 6-8" of snow- nobody was on the lift and we kept finding freshies on every run. What a fun little lift....
That lift seems to get overlooked. So much good skiing and few skiers.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be skiing in Steamboat for three days, 1/31-2/2 before heading to Taos for the gathering. My usual tour guide @Ron isn't able to ski this winter. If anyone wants to meetup and ski, let me know.

TS
Tytlynz64

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Man those photos are chamber of commerce quality promos. What a day.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be skiing in Steamboat for three days, 1/31-2/2 before heading to Taos for the gathering. My usual tour guide @Ron isn't able to ski this winter. If anyone wants to meetup and ski, let me know.

I will be there with a friend from 1/29-2/4, then heading to the Taos gathering. Would enjoy meeting up with you. We might have skied together with @Tony S in NE at some point, not sure. I sent you a PM with more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online