• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spnole

Getting on the lift
Skier
Late report... after a fun drive in on hwy 50 from SFO/SAC, we hit Heavenly at 9:30am yesterday. Lines were never more than 10 minutes and plenty of untracked powder to be found. Conditions deteriorated by about noon and we called it a day. Best runs were skiers right of Canyon chair. Roundabout was a nice finish to the morning. Sitting in the condo in SLT waiting to see if Heavenly is going to open at 11 as advertised... crossing my fingers.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
Late report... after a fun drive in on hwy 50 from SFO/SAC, we hit Heavenly at 9:30am yesterday. Lines were never more than 10 minutes and plenty of untracked powder to be found. Conditions deteriorated by about noon and we called it a day. Best runs were skiers right of Canyon chair. Roundabout was a nice finish to the morning. Sitting in the condo in SLT waiting to see if Heavenly is going to open at 11 as advertised... crossing my fingers.
You timed it for a big one :)

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
Blog update-

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
We are now at all time epic depths for Tahoe ski resorts all of which shut down today. So all will need patience. Yesterday the East Peak Heavenly webcam that looks down from their lodge, was nearly blocked by the rising deep pile of snow atop the roof below the camera. Today, none of the 4 live Heavenly webcams shows anything but snow white. At Kirkwood, the Cornice lot camera shows a road bulldozed sheer snow cliff of a few feet where one walks up to lifts 5 or 6 and the Mountain Village. At some resorts, areas below lifts are so close to snow, bulldozers need to plow tunnels and then patrols will need to rope off those areas. At some lift bases, employees will need to use small snow blowers and shovels to dig down to chair levels. Any employees living in local areas may be locked in their streets are slowly plowed. So resort manpower to dig out quickly will be limited. Just not the Tahoe region. Yosemite Valley in the National Park at only usually rain only 4k elevation has been closed due to deep snows for a few days and won't open till Thursday...maybe.

Although the current forecast shows a storm break by dawn partly cloudy Wednesday with no storms Thursday and Friday, I doubt much of anything will be open until Friday with minimums Thursday for the sake of resort lodging guests. In fact, some resorts have already stated Wednesday closures. Anyone expecting to drive across I80 or US50 on Thursday will need luck driving extra long miles of plowed highways to not get stuck behind guaranteed accidents. Then Saturday, another multi-day storm moves in with 50" plus forecast for KW. I may decide to ski Thursday but not at Tahoe.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online