• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Fischer Curv GT

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)

Seemed relevant to drop this here. @Erik Timmerman you going to use these for the return of Ski Bum or do you have a more race-specific ski? Curious. We have so many Ski Bum days with softer snow conditions this feels like it could be a good choice. Maybe slightly short on the radius, but not by much...​
Let me get this straight. The new improved Fischer Curve GT for 2022 is 76 mm wide instead of 80 mm wide like the old Fischer Curve GT, and also more forgiving and less aggressive? What am I missing?

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Let me get this straight. The new improved Fischer Curve GT for 2022 is 76 mm wide instead of 80 mm wide like the old Fischer Curve GT, and also more forgiving and less aggressive? What am I missing?
That's basically my conclusion. Yes. (From my own experience. I am going to watch the video now).

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have been on Progressors for a long time, the latest being NOS 950's from 3 or 4 years ago. How do these compare.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The Curv GT is a lot more powerful and a lot more precise compared to the Progressor (I know the F19 and F18). Different class of ski.
+1

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I loved the old Progressor 8’s as a female skier.
I’d probably like the new GT too if its less aggressive.
Probably a split opinion on this from the guys’ perspective, understandably.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I loved the old Progressor 8’s as a female skier.
I’d probably like the new GT too if its less aggressive.
Probably a split opinion on this from the guys’ perspective, understandably.
The GT is a lot of ski, as Cheizz implies above. The Progressor 8 was a descendant of the RX 8, I think. That was a line of frontside skis that was very user-friendly and forgiving for carvers. The Curv GT is much more demanding IMO.

B-Bob

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
How does the Curv GT compare to RC One 86 GT? Thanks

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier

The 2022 ski is a completely different animal from the 2021 (and previous years of the same generation). So yes, the new ski is more forgiving/less aggressive. You can also read that as less powerful/less precise.

I went out and bought 2 pairs of the 2021 version (in 168cm and 175cm). YMMV :)

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
How does the Curv GT compare to RC One 86 GT? Thanks

Depends on which generation of the Curv GT you're comparing. If it's the new one, there's really no point in comparing. The GT is significantly narrower and targeted for a completely different type of skiing. If it's the older one (at 78mm or 80mm depending on the length), then I'll say that the older GT "can" be taken off-piste (as @tball can attest to as I chased him around A-Basin last Spring), but it wouldn't be my first choice for those duties. I would have much rather been on the 86 GT for that workout. ;)

B-Bob

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Great. Thank you. I picked up a pair of the 2021 175cm (80mm waist) yesterday. Mainly want it as a front side carver, with a little versatility.

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
Anyone know where I can purchase the 2022 Curv GT in a 168? Besides theskimonster, where it's retailing for a hefty $1200

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Giving this thread a bump.
Are you folks who have the new 2022 Curv GT still lovin' it ?

I have the RC One 82 GT 173cm and maybe looking for a narrower, more front-side, companion to go with it. And I'm kinda on the Fischer bandwagon these days. My pal just bought some Ranger 102 191cm recently and he's lovin' them too.

I'm thinking the new GT ( now at 76 under foot ) in the 168cm length.
If I didn't already have the RC One in 173, I might think about the GT in 175, but feel the 168 would give me a bit more differentiation and better hard & icy snow chops.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Giving this thread a bump.
Are you folks who have the new 2022 Curv GT still lovin' it ?

I have the RC One 82 GT 173cm and maybe looking for a narrower, more front-side, companion to go with it. And I'm kinda on the Fischer bandwagon these days. My pal just bought some Ranger 102 191cm recently and he's lovin' them too.

I'm thinking the new GT ( now at 76 under foot ) in the 168cm length.
If I didn't already have the RC One in 173, I might think about the GT in 175, but feel the 168 would give me a bit more differentiation and better hard & icy snow chops.
Why the GT? Isn't the "regular" Curve narrower? More separation in your quiver that way.

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ I don't want something toooo demanding which I think the top Curv might be. I am trying to be realistic with my ski talent, or lack thereof ;) . The Deacon Master 72 173cm is also a consideration. I think a local shop might have the Deacon available to rent, so I might give that a try and see how it goes. Of course lots of Rossi's, Heads, Atomics to consider too.

Previously I would commute 2 hours each way 1-2 times a week to visit my home hill, so took what I got ( snow wise ) for whatever day I showed up. Now we have a place 9 minutes from the lift, so I can take more advantage of the day to day conditions, and be more specific on what ski(s) I want to take, hence I can have a more specific quiver. I was down to 2 skis, now I want 4 again !

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
^^^ I don't want something toooo demanding which I think the top Curv might be. I am trying to be realistic with my ski talent, or lack thereof ;) . The Deacon Master 72 173cm is also a consideration. I think a local shop might have the Deacon available to rent, so I might give that a try and see how it goes. Of course lots of Rossi's, Heads, Atomics to consider too.

Previously I would commute 2 hours each way 1-2 times a week to visit my home hill, so took what I got ( snow wise ) for whatever day I showed up. Now we have a place 9 minutes from the lift, so I can take more advantage of the day to day conditions, and be more specific on what ski(s) I want to take, hence I can have a more specific quiver. I was down to 2 skis, now I want 4 again !
You live in Waterloo, but you're 9 minutes from Blue Mountian Collingwood? :geek:
If you buying skis for Blue, carry on.
If you're buying skis for Chicopee, make sure you get some with a turn radius of 13 m or less. I would not want skis less than 13 m for Blue, and would prefer something closer to 20 m for Blue, but Chicopee requires a short-turning ski.

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ahhh the Mighty Mount Saint Chicopee in Kitchener, all 200' of vertical !
This season we rented a place in Collingwood for Jan-Feb-Mar, hence 9 minutes to North parking lot. This summer, we hopefully take possession of our new townhome build in nearby Thornbury, which will up our commute to 10 minutes ;) . In previous years it seemed most days at Blue were corduroy, but I have yet to ski on a corduroy groomer this season.

Sponsor