• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Kästle FX96 Ti

kauffee

Putting on skis
Skier
The prior fx96hp without metal got to as low as $199 at Sierra and I couldn't resist and snagged a pair. Haven't tried or mounted them yet.

I tried ordering them twice for the $199 price and each time my order was cancelled saying that actually they were out of stock. You must've gotten the last pair!

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Anyone had these in tight bumps and trees ?

fondled them in the shop today after the ZX 100, I was taken back how much rise the ZX has, much more than its bigger brother the 108.
Are they really that far to the finesse side of the scale ?

SkiSchoolPros

Impact Ecosystem- ie.Money with Meaning
Skier
Drahtguy Kevin: "Easy and accessible all over the mountain" describes the FX96 HP. Any turn shape or size is a snap on this ride. Kästle brought back the metal and kept carbon this year, and the results are fantastic. The FX96 has excellent float and strength in soft, variable snow and an engaging tip with secure feel with power on the groomed. Turns happen at thought with giggles to follow. Wherever I took this ski, it performed admirably. Kästle took some huge steps with this build. Perhaps the best ski I was on at the Copper test. Time for me to start saving up....

@Drahtguy Kevin The above is for the older HP, not the 2022 Ti, right? (I think it got pasted in the first post here by mistake)

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@Drahtguy Kevin The above is for the older HP, not the 2022 Ti, right? (I think it got pasted in the first post here by mistake)
Yes, that is for the 96HP. Not sure why that review got lumped into the 96Ti stuff. However, I have skied the 96Ti and found it not much different. The newer version felt a little more damp and a little less playful to me.

Sponsor