• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Völkl Deacon 84

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: The Deacon goes back to its roots à la the old 724 Pro and AC50. This is a no-compromise ski, very powerful and precise. Of all the skis offered in this category, the Deacon 84 is one of the strongest for sure. Where some of the 16m skis in this class can ski shorter, the Deacon 84 skis its full radius and is happy to stretch that out even more, making it the most GS-like in on-snow feel.

Insider tip: Note the 5cm increments; err on the shorter of two sizes.​

Awards
Who is it for?
Those who like to let ‘er rip.
Who is it not for?
Are you afraid of losing your pass? If so, look elsewhere.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Off Piste
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
162, 167, 172, 177, 182
Dimensions
132-84-115
Radius
23/14/19@172cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. Carryover
Binding options
  1. System

sheppy

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I’m looking for a replacement of my 170cm AC50 Unlimited. I love these skis for just about any conditions that’s not 8+ inches of powder. Are these the best current model to replace them? I wouldn’t mind something a little less stiff, but I don’t want to give up the stability and crud busting power I’ve enjoyed with the AC50.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
its becoming a favorite at workplace and amongst friends, we were missing 3 others with it. will try to get them all at the same place one day!

we have +20c in sun (+8c on forecast) and -6 at night, so skiing at evnings its firm under and freezing over, with some refrozen at top. tiprocker definetly has a purpose, and you could get the whole ski to engage, unlike straight ice days where you want something skinner & fully camberd.

just a hoot skiiing in the conditions, so uneven you would be on an edge, be sent flying, land, continue on same edge, confidence inspiring skis!

2022-03-03 18.22.15.jpg

Sponsor