• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2023-24 Mid-Atlantic Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
10 years ago I probably would have done this. They had the most ridiculous blackout rules for a pass costing over $1100 back then when I was seriously considering some kind of pass for anyplace within 200 miles of home..

Wintergreen stepping up
View attachment 229601

Wintergreen was worthwhile sometime ago, when the early pass was like $199 and they were able to cover all their slopes (shocking I know !) and stay open till late March. Now.... sorry.... have to pass.

gwasson

Mid Atlantic banana belt dweller
Skier
Blue Mountain PA is making snow right now. They will be open Sat and Sun this weekend 9-5, $50 lift ticket if you bring a pass from a closed area.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
^ as is Snowshoe. And omg they have a 10 person lift line on Ballhooter.

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Wish I could. New project at work and family stuff on the weekends

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Appalachian could totally open tomorrow if they wanted to.. Such a shame... Actually it's going to rain, but enogh snow there for another week easy..

1711146307514.png

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
Tempting, but after an extended gathering trip & another road trip coming, I'm staying put.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
its disappointing this is 2 years in a row with an ikon pass and no trips to the Shoe. I hate time.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
2 weeks after close. I'd still ski that. It's been worse Christmas week.

1711630059090.png

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yes. I was surprised it stayed cool as long as it did. Cupp is closed, Shay’s has plenty of snow.
Did you need to park at Top of the World, or are they letting day trippers park in the central lot accross from the depot?

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Made it out to snowshoe today. It was one of the odder days of skiing I have had. On the way up the rain in Cass turned into snow higher up. Probably not more than an inch or so but it blended really nicely at first with the older snow. First couple hours were really nice. After that things got sloppier and much more grippy. I needed to leave early anyway to get back home but I probably would have called it anyway given how grippy things were.

All in all a pretty good day for March 29. It was nice to get one more taste of winter locally.

Sponsor

Staff online