Northern Rockies/Alberta 2023 Inland NW/Idaho/Wyoming/Montana Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

agreen

Getting on the lift
Skier
I'll be following in your footsteps the next weekend! As far as temps go, I always figure 20F is optimum skiing temperature. 5F on Sunday looks a bit chilly!!!! Hopefully the wind (and visibility) won't be too bad.
Re: Flowery Trail - looks to be fun ride. Hopefully you won't get stuck in a snow bank on a curve and have to walk out 5 miles!
Looks wiggly! I'll keep you posted.

AmyPJ

No longer on the single track.
SkiTalk Tester
We’re headed to Big Sky on Sunday, and Monday looks er, um, brisk! Thankfully we’re having below zero temps in Utah right now so I’m acclimating!

I will have 3 excellent 60+ skier dudes along, my level 3 husband, one of the original pioneers of freestyle moguls, and a guide at Powder Mountain. If anyone (@BS Slarver wink wink) wants to take these guys out for awhile, message me. My husband knows the mountain ok. I’ll hang out with the gals and play on the lower angle stuff. Sounds like the storms are going to start firing up just in time!

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
Amy Big Sky may surprise you, assuming you haven't skied it before. It isn't all, or most all Big Cooler skiing. For me the problem was visibility not terrain. You and the "gals" should find lots of pleasurable and even challenging terrain. When Gwen and I were there winters a sometimes problem was avalanche debris, which could make things interesting.

AmyPJ

No longer on the single track.
SkiTalk Tester
Amy Big Sky may surprise you, assuming you haven't skied it before. It isn't all, or most all Big Cooler skiing. For me the problem was visibility not terrain. You and the "gals" should find lots of pleasurable and even challenging terrain. When Gwen and I were there winters a sometimes problem was avalanche debris, which could make things interesting.
This will be my third time there, and we did previously stay on the lower aspects almost entirely (mostly due to visibility.) I have a decent grasp of the layout, I just know the crazy guys might want to hit some more challenging terrain. It's always fun to have locals who know the ins and outs of different weather patterns, wind, snow conditions, etc. who might know the best places to go. :ogbiggrin:

dusty

Getting on the lift
Skier
I was passing through Whitefish during the artic blast last week. Despite the negative temps the hill is skiing well. Good coverage in their wonderful trees. Appears they are charging for lot camping now, a new high speed detachable that recently had a evacuation and the Bierstube is still then same. A yurt trip in the Swans are now on my radar.

Sponsor