• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Sneak Peek Gear

James

Out There
Instructor
Brown is the only colour I hate with passion. Hate it!
So late fall is a nightmare?

We live in a world of brown. Think about it.

768DC01C-EFA6-4E25-A188-912609D24D21.jpeg

Juan Gris

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I don't feel like they would destroy the Blue on purpose, but devoting their marketing budget and guiding athletes towards the Rossi set-up makes sense, since they have the skis. I bet they continue the Lange boots as an alternative, but it becomes a Rossi first race program.
It already has. It's just the racing ski/boot public/programs has/have yet to catch up, and get with the program - or even want to.

I know I haven't, and maybe won't unless they force me to. (The Lange RS 130 is my boot, and has been for quite a while now: I have a fourth, newer pair waiting for when my current pair/liner wears out, if ever. And I'd just get a new Lange liner, except the boot design/mold changed slightly.)

It was easy for Rossi to downgrade and wither the independence of the Dynastar top level race program, since Dynastar was never tops, and Rossi was number one or two each year with skis. Doing the same to Lange is harder, since Lange was/is number one or number two (number two if one has a flat arch for the Heads, instead of a normal, healthy arch for the Langes. :) )

Last edited:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It already has. It's just the racing ski/boot public/programs has/have yet to catch up, and get with the program - or even want to.

I know I haven't, and maybe won't unless they force me to. (The Lange RS 130 is my boot, and has been for quite a while now: I have a fourth, newer pair waiting for when my current pair/liner wears out, if ever. And I'd just get a new Lange liner, except the boot design/mold changed slightly.)

It was easy for Rossi to downgrade and wither the independence of the Dynastar top level race program, since Dynastar was never tops, and Rossi was number one or two each year with skis. Doing the same to Lange is harder, since Lange was/is number one or number two (number two if one has a flat arch for the Heads, instead of a normal, healthy arch for the Langes.)

So perhaps we shall stock up on last year's bright blue RS 130 then? :rolleyes:

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Please man, don't give me ideas. I am this close to buying a fluo yellow onesie anyway. Just so I can combine it with them Bianchi Rangers 102 and mightily piss my buddies off. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Oh, dear Tony! What color(s) do the luxury car makers often reserve for their top level/model versions? Brown and gold (warmer feel), and/or black and gold (colder/cooler feel). Ha!

Will all threads devolve to a fashion/color show, if given long enough to do so? :)
Besides, my brother's color has always been brown. It looks real good on him.

For years I've generally been in line first thing for first chair in the morning before the lifts open. Beside me for two of those years at Copper Mt., when I went there, which was usually, was Fred, the yellow banana, in his yellow onesie. No mistaking him! But this year he stopped coming. Did he join you where you are? :beercheer:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
"When a body meets a body, comin' thro the rye!" Now you're giving me ideas!

They are at a nice discount around here and I am definitely buying a pair of the current ones and keeping them secret and safe in a cool and dry place.
Just to be on the safe side you know. Conservative approach. For you never know...

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ermmm....black?
I'm sorry, I worded that wrong, confusing. Both black and gold, and brown and gold are the top of the line luxury interiors most used by Car makers, instead of all other options. (Brown looks more like natural leather, probably.) So someone out there likes brown and gold, anyway.

I can understand how some colors have associations or just bug people the wrong way, though.
I'm that way with bug green, the bright neon lime green so prevalent today. (And common in bug blood, where copper replaces iron in their chemistry.)

• 81nz89JTYkL._AC_SX466_.jpg
Brown is clearly the color of choice for some.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
(And common in bug blood, where copper replaces iron in their chemistry.)

It is blue. Oxygenated hemocyanin is blue.

The only brown I tolerate is that in the interior of a British race green Morgan. :ogbiggrin: And on some shoes. And belts. And other leather stuff.
But ski clothing? Suits? Absolutely not!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Will all threads devolve to a fashion/color show, if given long enough to do so? :)

Yes. Since most novelties are nothing but fashion exercises anyway.

I'm sorry, I worded that wrong, confusing. Both black and gold, and brown and gold are the top of the line luxury interiors most used by Car makers, instead of all other options. (Brown looks more like natural leather, probably.) So someone out there likes brown and gold, anyway.

I can understand how some colors have associations or just bug people the wrong way, though.
I'm that way with bug green, the bright neon lime green so prevalent today. (And common in bug blood, where copper replaces iron in their chemistry.)

Brown is clearly the color of choice for some.

James May? :roflmao: :duck:

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Any changes to the Salomon Shift 13 bindings? Will the Strive replace the STH 2 or Warden? Thanks

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It is blue. Oxygenated hemocyanin is blue.

The only brown I tolerate is that in the interior of a British race green Morgan. :ogbiggrin: And on some shoes. And belts. And other leather stuff.
But ski clothing? Suits? Absolutely not!
Yeah, whatever the chemistry, bug blood is often bright neon, slime green, not blue.
(I had bug collections and identifications as a kid, enough to know firsthand.):bike:

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I wish the new Rossi Black Ops were a rich, warm brown with gold instead of the murky, thin underwater green with fish that has apparently overtaken them.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A local shop had the new Atomic Bent lineup on the floor - top sheets look reeeally good in person . I will be after a wider ski so will keep on eye on the reviews.

Sponsor

Staff online