• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Sneak Peek Gear

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

I see my confusion -

what's worse, is to me, GB is GreenBay, wisconsin.

I somehow suspected that.

the last time I shipped boots internationally, it was More than $100.

I imagine If skipress wants 'em,
skipress can buy 'em.

Indeed; I bet that if either one of us did ship them, he'd get stuck paying tariff and taxes much greater than anything we declare as the value of the boots. Exporting goods out of the US gets very weird, very fast.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is this the Salomon S Force Bold with an Atomic name plate? That 15M turn radius makes me think its not as stiff.
No, a different ski but the same goal.

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
I somehow suspected that.

Indeed; I bet that if either one of us did ship them, he'd get stuck paying tariff and taxes much greater than anything we declare as the value of the boots. Exporting goods out of the US gets very weird, very fast.
Post brexit even worse into the UK. Used and low value might work but there's still the cost of shipping, duty [calculated on value of goods plus shipping] and our sales tax which is calculated on cost of goods+shipping+duty.

A few years back I was planning an feature on 'then and now' - set up with Scott to put the very first Garmont G 'race' boot next to the Scott iteration in a side by side test- then Scott killed the alpine stuff and it fell apart.

As this is what I'd think of as the first 'modern' ski boot, with obvious direct DNA to current models, more than anything else I am curious to put it side by side with a current RS. How close is a 40odd year old ski boot to it's great grandson?

I could also full tilt it with a Flexon comp, but benchmarking it a Lange/Rossi [and the now lamented S/max] is my daily driver so the baseline is better [never quite connected to FT/Raichle].

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
So, what do the '23 race/technical bindings from Amer look like?
I think Phil's posted them already [these in 'Salomon numbers']:
  • The various x lab models with settings from welded to concrete here
  • STH which is a 957 [or charitably a 997] with a C21 look
  • The Strive which is here Strive ski talk

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I think Phil's posted them already [these in 'Salomon numbers']:
  • The various x lab models with settings from welded to concrete here
  • STH which is a 957 [or charitably a 997] with a C21 look
  • The Strive which is here Strive ski talk

I did see the Solly Icon - what wasn't clear was whether lower-setting X-lab remains in the line, becomes Atomic only, or goes away in favour of those other platforms.

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
I did see the Solly Icon - what wasn't clear was whether lower-setting X-lab remains in the line, becomes Atomic only, or goes away in favour of those other platforms.
My Salomon workbook shows x20lab, x16lab, and x12lab, with a z10 also shown as 'piste' [guess I'd better be careful taking those Strives on to the groomers :)]

procos

Putting on skis
Skier

Phil,

Not sure you demoed the new SR95’s but if so how do you compare them to the new Fischer Ranger 102’s? I owned the plaid SR95’s and the Pink Ranger 102 FR. I sold both and realize now it was a mistake. I bought the pink Ranger 102 back right before they released the new one, bad timing. Wish I would have waited an extra week so I could have bought the new one. Just wondering if you liked the new SR95 or new Ranger 102 better. And if you have a preference what did you like better.

TahoeCharlie

...Major Tom...
Skier
Philpug: just went through all 29 pages, did not see any picts of "new" head kore skies, just one pict of supershapes. Do you have any picts of Kore series? Also what is the construction difference between old and new AX?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: just went through all 29 pages, did not see any picts of "new" head kore skies, just one pict of supershapes. Do you have any picts of Kore series? Also what is the construction difference between old and new AX?
Kores are a topskin change. Dimension changes with the Stockli and I think a slight construction update. Reviews will come later.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Happen to notice if they updated the colors or it all stay the same?
Honestly I didn't other than there were a lot of greens and yellow.

I just looked through my pics again and didn't see any of them.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Honestly I didn't other than there were a lot of greens and yellow.

I just looked through my pics again and didn't see any of them.
Thanks Phil, they seem to be in love with green and yellow lately. Not my favorite, but in line with Elan's graphic design as well. They had some really clean/classic colorways 3 years ago but have gotten kinda odd since then. Lots of Navy, Army Green, and Neon yellow highlights. Not my fav, but I have recently discovered they fit my feet like no other, so I'm locked in. Maybe I'll just start spray painting them :roflmao:

Sponsor

Staff online