• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Sneak Peek Gear

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Are the new Mindbenders just NGT or any changes going on ?

As wild a some of these topsheets are, I can live with them. The 108ti is near the top of my list as a wider travel ski for next season. The current 108ti topsheet is a complete deal-breaker for me, even if they were 50% off. I'm kinda liking the splotchy green & black below, and it matches my jacket ! :thumb: ( assuming that's the 108ti )

k2.jpg

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

As wild a some of these topsheets are, I can live with them. The 108ti is near the top of my list as a wider travel ski for next season. The current 108ti topsheet is a complete deal-breaker for me, even if they were 50% off. I'm kinda liking the splotchy green & black below, and it matches my jacket ! :thumb: ( assuming that's the 108ti )

View attachment 160159
89Ti and 99Ti are all new, the rest are NGT.

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier

View attachment 160159
K2 seem to have decided I’m not their target market. Unless I planned to throw up over my skis every time I put them on, I’d never buy any of those skis (except maybe the 108ti).

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Mindbender 108Ti for 23

“Modifications to the signature Titanal Y-Beam improve turn initiation and edge-hold, and a small increase in tail rocker means they're a touch more forgiving than the previous generation.”

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
K2 seem to have decided I’m not their target market. Unless I planned to throw up over my skis every time I put them on, I’d never buy any of those skis (except maybe the 108ti).
Considering that when skiing the graphics will be covered by snow/ice...I think the important thing is how they ski.
This said, I am guilty as charged as well, if a skis graphics doesn't appeal to me...

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Considering that when skiing the graphics will be covered by snow/ice...I think the important thing is how they ski.
This said, I am guilty as charged as well, if a skis graphics doesn't appeal to me...
If grahics weren't important, all skis would be black like the Head Standard. I have said more than once, "Graphics rarely sell a ski, but they will stop a sale".

Nobody

Skier
As I said in the second half...guilty as charged. But then, I am partial to Voelkl...a family imprinting I received at a young age, so anytime I see "Voelkl"... I get a partial case of "graphics blindness". Warranted for or not.

Nobody

Skier
I have the black/golden ones with the Buddha...love them both for the graphics and for the skiing...I know I shall have to replace them sooner or later but not giving I a though for now.

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was riding the lift a few weeks ago and my eyes were drawn to the brown'ness of another rider's ski. T'was a Volkl Grizzly -> I guess brown suited the namesake.

volkl_the_grizzly_2012.jpg

meff

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I was riding the lift a few weeks ago and my eyes were drawn to the brown'ness of another rider's ski. T'was a Volkl Grizzly -> I guess brown suited the namesake.

View attachment 160344

There was a year it was more silver than brown as well. I still ski both pairs of mine out east although they are getting quite long in the tooth.

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I ended up getting 2023 MB 99ti which arrived yesterday, just in time for golf season up here. They look fantastic IMO ! The background is a matte black, with metallic dark silver spray-paint blotches / streaks, and the lighter colour is metallic brass spray-paint blotches / streaks (some online pics make them look light orange’ish). The K2 at the tip and tail is a very dark army green, as is the K2 base die-cut. The tip & tail rocker lines look a bit deeper / longer in person. I was debating between 178 and 184, but decided to give the longer version a go this time around, so hopefully the lighter flex and a bit more rocker will make them more accessible for me ( these will be my wider ski for trips ). I have some Strive 13 Demos already ordered for them, but won’t get on these until next season. :thumb:

IMG_0225.JPEG

IMG_0223.JPEG

IMG_0224.JPEG

Sponsor

Staff online