• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Sneak Peek Gear

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
In a nutshell: Trout bum=Powder Ski Bum. Trout is a symbol of freedom same as powder is for some.

Some love both (fly fishing in the summer/powder skiing in the winter). The topsheets of these are pure awesomeness.
Count me in that group! Just wish it was on a ski more appropriate for those of us east of the Mississippi or on mountains under 5000 feetI I was so close to buying one of last year‘s J Hotshots with flies on top and brown trout on base but reality and practicality kept my credit card in the wallet.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
Good news for bargain hunters - you can mark your diary now for closeouts on those Mindbenders as average customers go "I can't bear those graphics".

As for the Rossis - nice Travis Parr style graphics but really what have fish got to do with anything ski related? Except stale ones of course. Back in the day Lamar snowboards did a Kevin Jones pro model with just a trout on it IIRC but then he was basically a fly fisherman first.

the fish scales seem appropriate on Pescados

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
I looked pretty in line with the M-Free 99. A fairly long, gradual rise on both ends. That said, the M-Free 90 will be initially geared towards lighter skiers and, I believe, will top out in the 170s length-wise. @Philpug can confirm.
TY Andy! Could have been a fun east coast “wiggle ski” if longer and/or not lightened construction. A few places I frequent offer tight, irregular bump and tree infested terrain which are so much fun with rockered, tapered and less stiff skis. Lots of options out there above 100 mm waist but not so much under.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
It’s funny. I actually Ike my current 2022 AR colors but I LOVE the new AR / AX. But I suppose if you like the old school color recognition that is now gone. Do you not like the new AR graphics or is it more of it lost that Stöckli look?
To me Stockli is a classic brand. This years, last year etc had a great updated classic look that I thought really fit the ski.

Last edited:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I looked pretty in line with the M-Free 99. A fairly long, gradual rise on both ends. That said, the M-Free 90 will be initially geared towards lighter skiers and, I believe, will top out in the 170s length-wise. @Philpug can confirm.

TY Andy! Could have been a fun east coast “wiggle ski” if longer and/or not lightened construction. A few places I frequent offer tight, irregular bump and tree infested terrain which are so much fun with rockered, tapered and less stiff skis. Lots of options out there above 100 mm waist but not so much under.
Agree. I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
To my Stöckli is a classic brand. This years, last year etc had a great updated classic look that I thought really fit the ski.

Looks they are trying to appeal more and more to the US audience.
First AR, then US inspired SRs, now fatter AX and also fatter AR...

Time to stock up on WRTs before they decided 84mm is a good width for these. :ogbiggrin:

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier

Attachments

• 62307757484__E21686A3-BCDB-4ACB-ABA7-C01C5F7AD8C4.jpeg
    62307757484__E21686A3-BCDB-4ACB-ABA7-C01C5F7AD8C4.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 80

ejj

Prairie Skier
Skier
What is the line on the Blade Optic family of skis?

Also--I'm kinda surprised that Lange is deserting the bright blue in their RS line. It seems that the big race brands really try to build their signature colors--I see a lot of Lange Blue at the race hill every night... One of my daughters skis in blue boots, one in red.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Also--I'm kinda surprised that Lange is deserting the bright blue in their RS line. It seems that the big race brands really try to build their signature colors--I see a lot of Lange Blue at the race hill every night... One of my daughters skis in blue boots, one in red.

Yeah me too. Very strange move given the iconic and super recognizable bright blue/white/orange.

What next? We see purple Raptors or Atomic Brownster?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
This is...painfully...breathtakingly...offensively...desperately...hopelessly...FUGLY!!:geek:
I respectfully disagree. I wish they made women's boots with more interesting colors (though I've never worn a Lange boot).

We're all going to have different opinions on topsheets and color palettes. The bigger question is how the boots (and all the skis we've seen) perform.

Like I said in an earlier post, I actually like the new AX topsheet. But I love my current model year AXs and I have no idea how the construction changes how the ski skis. And I have no interest in replacing my skis, even if I do like one topsheet more than another. When I'm ski shopping - if it's only NGT, I'm buying the less expensive option.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I respectfully disagree. I wish they made women's boots with more interesting colors (though I've never worn a Lange boot).
pping - if it's only NGT, I'm buying the less expensive option.

Oh...cmon...just look at it. I imagine the discussion:

Designer: how many colours do you want on that boot sir?
Lange exec: Yes! And something shiny!

:ogbiggrin:

Of course the most important thing is how the boot performs, there is no doubt about that, but I'd rather ski barefoot than be seen in that.:ogbiggrin:

As for the new AX, it is not AX anymore. Not Laser. It is Montero, so I guess they decided to kill off the old colour scheme along with the name in order to emphasise the change even more.

P.S. The beauty of the old AX topsheet, especially the all-yellow one was that next to it being extremely durable, the scratches were kinda masked by the colour and the ski always look like new. Alas, that now is gone.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online