• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Völkl Blaze 86 W

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I just ordered them in a 159 based on what @MissySki and @lisamamot said about them skiing in a shorter length than they typically like, as I want them to help me work on moguls and tighter spaces in general. So, we shall see, and I'll report back with my impressions.
I expected the 166 to feel a bit short, but it didn't. It was spot on how I would want it to feel, managing a mixed bag of conditions quite well. I normally ski about the same size skis as @lisamamot, and one size larger than @MissySki. So, this ski seemed to follow suit.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I expected the 166 to feel a bit short, but it didn't. It was spot on how I would want it to feel, managing a mixed bag of conditions quite well. I normally ski about the same size skis as @lisamamot, and one size larger than @MissySki. So, this ski seemed to follow suit.
And I typically like a 163-166 but my new boots are making me realize I was relying on a longer ski for balance, and the rocker profile in the Blazes look really minimal and gradual=pivoty. So, I'm pretty confident the 159 will be exactly what I want, plus that wide tip should make them pretty capable on some of our moderate powder days.

Sponsor