• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2024 Dynastar M-Cross 82

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug
Location Tested: Deer Valley UT
Conditions: Chalky groomers
Length:176cm

Remember the Dynastar 4x4 series? I am not talking about the old Legend 4x4 that were the big mountain collection, but the upper 70-low 80mm 4x4’s? Still nothing? Don’t feel bad, neither does anyone else. The 4x4 were wide narrow skis while their replacement collection, the new M-Crosses are not just a narrow wide ski. Dynastar already has the M-Pro 85 and 90,

Enter the all new M-Cross 82, and its big brother the M-Cross 88. Compared to the M-Free and M-Pro, the M-Cross has as traditional of a tip shape as we have seen for a while in “M-“ collections and it really works here.

I am really partial to skis in this low 80mm segment and the M-Cross with its shape makes this Dynastar one of the more versatile offerings in this category. While the M-Cross 82 is available with the Look SPX Konnect system binding, I really think a lower to the deck hard mount Pivot or even the regular SPX will really enhance the M-Cross 82’s feel on snow and add to its versatility.

Insider Tip: Yeah, I said it, the right binding matters, Pivot is binding of choice here.

Who is it for?
Skiers looking for a versatile and playful low 80mm ski
Who is it not for?
Bigger skiers will want to steep up to the M-Pro.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
159, 168, 176, 184
Dimensions
129-82-111
Radius
14m@176cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip and tail rocker
Size Scaling
  1. Dimensions
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. Flat
  2. System
Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Long Term Update: So far in the '23-'24 season Ma Nature has been a bit stingy with the fluff in the Tahoe area. Luckily, Mt. Rose has been guns blazing and the snow conditions are actually quite good. On a sunny January day, the surface conditions ranged from very hard, scraped off to piles of softer to long stretches of soft groomed. There had been a dusting overnight so that helped.

The M-Cross 82 turned out to be a great choice for these conditions. The fairly long rise in the tip allows for a smooth up-and-on the softer stuff and bumps while the noticeable camber and flat tail really help to plant the ski while carving on the harder surfaces. Transition between soft and hard is effortless. Recovering from an injury, I was hesitant to really push the ski but I could tell at the 176 length and my size I could probably find the limits. JSA (just skiing along), however, the M-Cross is a really fun ride.

The M-Cross 82 is a light, fun, poppy ski, though chargers and bigger skiers would probably want to size up in length or move to the M-Pro series. The ski is relatively damp, although some buzz can be felt on hard corduroy. It's not intrusive and certainly no reason to not check out this offering from Dynastar. For lighter skiers or those who want a very capable 60-40 in shallow snow easy cruiser, the M-Cross 82 may be just what you're looking for.

Sponsor