• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2024 East Coast Pugski/Renoun Gathering for the Eclipse. Dates: TBD

Where to go?

• Jay Peak

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Sugarloaf

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Stowe

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Smugglers Notch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tuckermans

• Whiteface

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, if skiing or not, if out April 8th

use their Simulator and determine when and % of eclipse from your viewing area ... and get some Glasses. .org has em as well as places like Amazon.

James

Out There
Instructor

“Cell Service” hah. Some people are going to have a meltdown discovering the third world level of VT cell reception.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Good luck getting anywhere near the zone of totality. Even If I could get to Jay or Stowe, my skiing is done until next season due to injury. I'm looking for a place to view in northwest PA that is not Erie or big state parks.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
2017 eclipse. Hours before the event.

By the time of the eclipse, both sides of the highway had been lined with cars for miles.
Late comers who's only option was to now just stop on the highway were being ticketed or moved on by State Troopers.

This location is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, just north of Madras Oregon. That 1/2 mile sign was for the only truck stop/washroom in the area.
No lack of empty space and few people live in that area but any place within the zone of totality cars could get off the highway had been occupied either the night or day before.

Be sure you pick a spot, and get there very early, and plan for a very slow drive home afterward.
20170821_100846 (2).jpg

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I can understand limited roads out west but the east coast more roads and the zone of "totality" of nearly 100miles (though more central is better) would seem to offer better opportunities even with higher crowding.

NYC is even at ~90% totality. Maybe use the simulator gauge how close you wish to get for the desired totality.

I hit KC in 2017 and agree main highways headed home were packed, but taking slightly off the beaten path was pretty smooth sailing.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I’m hoping to view from Mt Mansfield but if I can’t get there my backyard will be fine. It will be full-on mud season so can’t wait to see how many cars get stuck on back roads.

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Planning to go ski at Sugarloaf that day most likely, anyone heading to Maine?

James

Out There
Instructor
Some resources. Order your eclipse glasses now. B&H photo is good and quick. Do not search amazon or temu as you’re likely to get fake.

American Astrological Society-

Resources for viewing.

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I know a guy that says welding goggles will work if you can't get the right glasses. I don't know if it is correct but it might work.

Sponsor

Staff online