• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2024 Faction Dancer 2

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug
Location Tested: Mt. Rose, NV
Conditions: Varied
Length: 177cm

I had a lot of thoughts about the Dancer Collection coming in. The Rolling Stones Dance, Little Sister Dance and graphics that were reminiscent of the old Sarner skis, both good things. With those caveats out of the way, the Faction Dancers are fun, light, and playful skis.

At first glance. the shape of the Dancers is somewhat traditional in tip shape and sidecut. The rise in the tip and tail is minimal, which in this tester‘s eyes is refreshing when so many brands are offering too much rise and taper in this class. Sidecut is in the upper teens which allows the Dancer do a slow waltz, but it can still bebop through the bumps when asked. There is an amazing amount of versatility in the Dancer collection and much of that comes from the Dancer 2 which is in the middle of the collection. Yet, the Dancer 2 and 2X do not suffer from middle child syndrome.

The Dancers are some of the lighter skis in the segment and also some of the more audible in that they will resonate the sounds of firmer snow. Nevertheless, they ski solid and firm.

Insider tip: The asymmetrical graphics demand, err, suggest a specific left & right ski.​
Andy Mink
Where Tested: Mt. Rose, Nevada
Conditions tested in: Groomers, softer edges, soft bumps
Size: 127-96-117
IMG_2085.jpeg

IMG_6331.jpeg
The Faction Dancer 2 was my first introduction to Faction skis and I'm
glad we met. Faction has done a great job mixing a little rise, more camber than I expected, and a fairly light construction into a fun, poppy front side ski.

With the camber and limited tip rise, the Dancer holds an edge but that same rise allows it to zip right through the chop or bumps. Faction has in the Dancer 2 a fun, easy skiing entry into the mid 90 category.

Awards
Who is it for?
The good skier looking for a solid, fun, poppy ski for front side chores. Skiers who want a mid 90 mm that can default to a longer turn.
Who is it not for?
Bigger stronger skis can over power the Dancers. Chargers looking for a strong, heavy, damp ski will probably take this dance partner to the limit.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Off Piste
  4. Trees
Segment
  1. Men
  2. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
163, 171, 177, 182
Dimensions
127-96-117
Radius
18m@177cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip and tail rocker
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. New graphics
  2. Carryover
Ski Weight:
1820g@177cm
Binding options
  1. Flat

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Insider tip: The asymmetrical graphics demand, err, suggest a specific left & right ski.
Nope.

20240103_164640_HDR.jpg

Ok, just for you.

20240103_202512.jpg

I skied it on Midwest powder last night. I mean day-old snowmaker snow, groomed. I'm not much of a poetic tester.

They carved fairly easily and with a bum knee, that is a good thing. Last year and this year, I have mainly been on 80 or less width. My 2 main 90-something skis are the Ripstick and Endurance. I could easily ski these every day and when I'm feeling frisky I do like a ski with a little pop.

Sponsor