• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2024 Line Blade

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Dragging knuckles on groomers is super easy.....

Ive got three or four days on my blades, yesterday I finally felt like I was really grooving with them. I kept hearing a strange sound and getting this weird spray, took me a few laps to realize my boot buckles were dragging in the snow and kicking up spray. They are a blast, a crazy hard workout but SO much fun. Ive never had so much fun on blue groomers(which is all we have at the moment).

Last edited:

altabrig

Drifting like a long radius with some tail rocker.
Skier
Ive got three or four days on my blades, yesterday I finally felt like I was really grooving with them. I kept hearing a strange sound and getting this weird spray, took me a few laps to realize my boot buckles were dragging in the snow and kicking up spray. They are a blast, a crazy hard workout but SO much fun. Ive never had so much fun on blue groomers(which is all we have at the moment).
Pagan and Chris, you guys are selling the Blades as low tide snow drought funships for groomers and minimal off piste. Those shovels don't look all that bump friendly, but I can see them doin a job on crud going straight. Never been on them and hope to get a chance to give em a run or three.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Pagan and Chris, you guys are selling the Blades as low tide snow drought funships for groomers and minimal off piste. Those shovels don't look all that bump friendly, but I can see them doin a job on crud going straight. Never been on them and hope to get a chance to give em a run or three.

Top portion of one run was small bumped out by afternoon, I had fun. I enjoy skiing bumps on my cochise skis and found these pretty easy(shorter and lighter). I would not consider them crud busters compared to my cochises, so they jump over the crud piles vs smashing through.

PaganSkier

Booting up
Skier
I've used my Blades pretty much as a 50-50 ski around 20-30% of my ski days. If you can find an uncrowded low angle groomer and let the ski really come across the hill it does make turns unlike anything else I own. But no problem popping off short quick turns and staying in "my lane". At times I get tripped up on the big tips if I haven't been on the ski for a while. But it's not a drag off-piste. I typically spend 1/2 my time in this sort of terrain as conditions warrant. Would be interested in trying the Mirus Cor.
1704651123858.png

James

Out There
Instructor
I tried the 176 in spring conditions.
It’s forte seems to be -
IMG_2176.jpeg

Those two longer tracks r to l. That’s spring corn there but not deep. If you want to get super high edge angles in that snow, this will let you. Like as high as you can go.
Liked speed and shallow turns like above. Surprising speed. Empty low angle groomers with corn could be entertaining for hours. The tip likes to be in the snow, and not abruptly told to do so. (169 could be better in that regard)

Not so much did it like turns across the fall line. But you can sink the tail and pivot off the back. You do that if you need to shut things down quickly too. Otherwise the front flops like a fish.

I suspect the 169 is more versatile for turn shape actually, except for speed. I also suspect 181 would only be for long corn fields with few skiers on them. Sun Valley corn?
Moguls better be soft.

To me this is a once in a while ski. I’d try the 169, the 176 again? Ehh

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the 169. It is a fun ski but much slower ski than the Kendo/M6 on the groomed. The suspension is not as good on hard snow as the Volkls.

Slower in the bumps too. Loves the wide line in the bumps. Good balance.

The tips can be troublesome in tight trees.

altabrig

Drifting like a long radius with some tail rocker.
Skier
Corn harvest today before more snow Friday. Already at freezing point at 7 am. Hope the spring wax lasts. Got sticky low late and used some F4 but that stuff is only good for a run or 1.5 runs. Great updates on the Blades. Yellow wintersteiger and graphite mix worked well for a day and a half. Hot waxed and hot scraped again last night outside in beautiful spring weather. Enjoy. The slushees.
20240404_072555.jpg

Sponsor