• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2024 National Gathering Tahoe Live Trip Report

James

Out There
Instructor
Pared the pics down to the in focus and well timed ones,
gathering-2024-photo-sesh-87-jpg.229399

Great shot of @mdf ! Taos ski week in action.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Pared the pics down to the in focus and well timed ones, 1700 pics go fast. I hope I managed to catch everyone, I didn't get enough ski time in with the group to recognize all the jackets in the heat of the moment!
Thanks for doing this for everyone. I know a lot of effort comes after taking the photos.

Wondering how you took so many so fast. Were you on auto or pushing a button each time?

I was concerned how I'd look skiing 10 year-old 188cmx116mm powder skis in the bumps (and after bruising some ribs in AM), but you made me look good. I'd left my longer darker jacket at friend's house where I was staying. Good thing and better for photos that I had shorter brighter jacket in my SUV.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
For those who couldn't make it to Mt. Rose here's a good teaser from one of our local travel writers. The mountain that he zooms in on is the true Mt. Rose. The ski area is located on Slide Mountain.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
On Friday, the last day of the gathering, around lunchtime, a few of us were lapping Kangaroo at Alpine Meadows. This is basically the dedicated race training slope. There were no lines, and we were taking a break from the complicated snow elsewhere on the hill.

I basically voluntold @Unpiste to get some video of us skiing, which he kindly did. On the next run I figured it was only fair to make sure HE got to be in a clip too, so here it is. My apologies for A) standing behind a knoll, B) having only cell phone video to offer, and C) just in general being unskilled at this.

Last edited:

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
So how did I feel days ago still skiing snow a week later from the large cold storms of our gathering? Several POV videos still being processed from those 4 days will soon be uploaded for public viewing on my Youtube channel. As I related herein after that windy day at Mount Rose, instead of using words, the following better relates how I have been feeling with immense exhilarating inspiration recently skiing. We intelligent entity creatures that evolved mammalian vertebrate electromagnetic minds in similar ways to dolphins, exist today for mere moments within infinite eternal time. How lucky we are indeed during these precious moments to live and feel alive. So you are just going to have to turn up the volume and listen to and feel the emotion within this rock classic.

...I, I wish you could swim
Like the dolphins, like dolphins can swim

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
On Friday, the last day of the gathering, around lunchtime, a few of us were lapping Kangaroo at Alpine Meadows. This is basically the dedicated race training slope. There were no lines, and we were taking a break from the complicated snow elsewhere on the hill.

I basically voluntold @Unpiste to get some video of us skiing, which he kindly did. On the next run I figured it was only fair to make sure HE got to be in a clip too, so here it is. My apologies for A) standing behind a knoll, B) having only cell phone video to offer, and C) just in general being unskilled at this.

@Unpiste - going to post that too? :)
Bump. @Unpiste

Sponsor