• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2024 Nordica Santa Ana 84

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
AmyPJ: When Nordica went back to the Santa Ana well and renamed the old Astral 84 the Santa Ana 84 a few years ago it was a good move because the Astral name was easily overlooked and Santa Ana had such a strong place in the market. The Santa Ana 84 was a very, very fun ski: stable, turny, light, and playful, and also easy to get into and hold a turn. The tip shape favors softer snow, yet it did very well on the firmer spots and death cookies. A close second to the Black Pearl 88, the Santa Ana 84 would be a wonderful Utah daily driver.

Insider tip: Get in line: whereas the Astral sat and waited for the March discounts, the Santa Ana 84 will probably sell out early.​
Tricia: I was a fan of the Astral 84 but as noted by Amy, the Astral name was overlooked on the ski wall and tended to be a ski that had to be sold, because women rarely went looking for it. Taking on the strength of the Santa Ana name was a good move on Nordica's part. A few years after the original introduction of the Santa Ana 84, they switched up the metal lay up with the Terrain Specific Metal. This design caters to the widths of the Santa Ana line up with more metal in the 84 than her bigger sisters, giving her the chops she needs to hold an edge and respond quickly on groomers. I was suspicious of this TSM technology but after skiing on all of the Santa Anas from 84 all the way up to the 104, I found the tenacity of each width to be exactly what you'd want in those different skis. Bravo Nordica!

Insider tip: The Santa Ana 84 could be a great ski in a two ski quiver with something like the Santa Ana 104 Free

Who is it for?
A lighter-weight gal who likes a forgiving, playful ski for primarily softer snow conditions.
Who is it not for?
Someone who likes a little more heft to their skis.
Skier ability
  1. Beginner/Novice
  2. Intermediate
  3. Advanced
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
144, 151, 158, 165, 172
Dimensions
120-84-105
Radius
14m@158cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. New graphics
  2. Carryover
Binding options
  1. Flat
  2. System

wtrskir

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
How come this ski took such a jump in stiffness this year in your review? Did they add more metal to it? I see the 2022 and 2023 versions of this ski got the same softer flex review that the Astral 84 got. But this year it looks stiffer??

Strill19

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I’m looking at this ski as well as the Wild Belle for my 15yr old daughter who is an intermediate skier 5ft and 105lbs. She is fully grown. We live in Pa, so the Poconos are our main destinations but we will venture up north into New York and Vermont maybe 1x year. She is in ski club and will ski about 10x year. Almost all on piste/groomed trails. I’m thinking either 150 in the Wild Belle or 151 in the Santa Ana 84. Also looking at BP82’s. She is currently using old demo K2 One Luv’s in a 146. I just
Don’t t know if they will be too long. Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

Sponsor