• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2025 New England Gathering discussion

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Any thoughts on where we should have the 2025 NEG? In years past we have visited Killington, Stowe, Mad River Valley, Canada and Maine. The last three have been Killington, Maine and Canada.

I pinged our friends at @SkiEssentials regarding the possibility of collaborating with them to have a private demo day; we would partner with the Ski Divas as well. Both external parties were receptive to the idea. What is the interest level in doing something along those lines with the realization that it means going to Stowe.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A demo day could be fun.

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
What about a very east trip to Europe!
just kidding…

but if anyone is up for it, a Europe trip is def on my itinerary for next season, partly bc my ambivalent skier partner LOVED our first euro trip this year, and still talks about it, lol…

k

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Personally, Canada again!
Just would be better to not be so spread out.
Demos are a great idea though.
I love Canada! Still haven’t been to tremblant…the food must be good.
My only other experiences in eastern Canada are MSA and Le Massif. Both awesome places. Used Quebec City as our base, which is magical in the winter. You feel like you’re at the end of the world and there’s a lot of good food options….however I would be open to staying at le massif or the adjacent town. Heard good things ….it does feel pretty remote, but you also get to feel like you are in a midwestern france!

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Diva East will be Sugarloaf and Saddleback per yesterday’s public confirmation.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I love Canada! Still haven’t been to tremblant…the food must be good.
Yea, one would think, but having been there a few times, I wouldn't automatically just assume that. There is at least one small bistro I could eat at every night. Granted I haven't been to every place there, but enough to know that just a casual drop in to anyplace doesn't guarantee a happy palate.

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
The NEG and Diva East will not be the same dates! I think we have enough women in the northeast to be able to send a nice group to both, should the NEG end up with a private demo day that we help advertise. I think Kevin intends for the NEG to again be in late March.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Any thoughts on where we should have the 2025 NEG? In years past we have visited Killington, Stowe, Mad River Valley, Canada and Maine. The last three have been Killington, Maine and Canada.

I pinged our friends at @SkiEssentials regarding the possibility of collaborating with them to have a private demo day; we would partner with the Ski Divas as well. Both external parties were receptive to the idea. What is the interest level in doing something along those lines with the realization that it means going to Stowe.
Need to look into the pass situation before committing to Stowe, but conceptually it sounds fun. Especially if a day at MRG were in the mix.

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
Need to look into the pass situation before committing to Stowe, but conceptually it sounds fun. Especially if a day at MRG were in the mix.
So you can purchase the mid tier Epic day passes that include Stowe- a 4 day comes out to $78/day. We did this two years ago and it works great and a big savings

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just a couple of thoughts-we've only been to two NEGs, so our opinion isn't as valid as some of the others but:

Out of the two, attendance was much greater at Killington than this year. I think the farther north it is, the fewer people from PA, NJ, MD etc. Even though Mid VT has been done, it makes a more centralized location. Haven't been to Stowe in many many years so it's attractive (assuming somewhat reasonable lift tickets are available), but Kevin and Erik can chime in with how much of a madhouse it's become.

One thought that crossed my mind (ducking) was the Adirondacks-Whiteface and Gore. Came to my senses-even though the skiing at Gore is good, there are few accommodations and restaurants. Whiteface can be great, but it can suck and the two are about 1.5 hours apart. OK, take that off the list.

Tremblant would be interesting, once again it's been a long time since we've been there. Quite a drive and I'm not sure how good it is for morning meetups-Jilly? IKON is a plus.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Haven't been to Stowe in many many years so it's attractive (assuming somewhat reasonable lift tickets are available), but Kevin and Erik can chime in with how much of a madhouse it's become.
Yeah, I am concerned about that. Nothing I have heard about the state of the Mountain Road and parking in the last few years had made me want to try to visit Stowe.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So you can purchase the mid tier Epic day passes that include Stowe- a 4 day comes out to $78/day. We did this two years ago and it works great and a big savings

You also don’t need to buy 4 days - 1 non-peak day epic pass for the resort list that includes Stowe for next year is currently $85. I assume that price goes up as we approach the season?

Sponsor

Staff online