• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2025 New England Gathering discussion

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Now its time for the people who REALLY live in the east to complain about the drive. I think I can get to Denver in less elapsed time than it takes me to drive to Lake Placid. I know because I've done it. You have to go over every mountain range in the northeast to do it.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Now its time for the people who REALLY live in the east to complain about the drive. I think I can get to Denver in less elapsed time than it takes me to drive to Lake Placid. I know because I've done it. You have to go over every mountain range in the northeast to do it.
Well, you don't have to go OVER the 'Daks, you just have to drive to them and stop. I think you're safe-it's probably out of the running. Just as fast for us to get to Killington as Whiteface-Gore is closer at about 4 hours.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Whiteface is boring. Haven't been 20 years.

I once read an apt description posted here, well on the old Epicski, "A tilted ironing board."

The drive is no problem - unless you live in Maine, then it's a problem. Ya cahn't theah from heah.

Sponsor

Staff online