• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Aeroski machine

twa2w

Putting on skis
Skier
Maybe someone could pick up one of these for their home gym and report back? :)

https://skytechsport.com/snowsports-simulator/

There is one up in Vancouver that I want to try out next time we visit.

View attachment 173781
there is a place in Calgary that has 2 of these. It sort of simulated skiing in a GS or racing situation. You can watch a screen and interact with it as you avoid slalom gates.
Might be good for a young racer to maintain some form or rhythm in the off-season.
You rent it by the 1/2 hour, I believe and can take turns. Takes a bit of adjustment between skiers unless they have the same size boots. Could be fun for a birthday party for a skier.
Not my cup of tea. I have a T5 skiers edge which is more suited to my style of skiing - moguls trees, quick turns.

SkiMore

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I very much want to try this out. There is a place in Vancouver that has one: Ski Cosmos -https://www.skicosmos.com/simulation

I hope they have non-race mode, I just want to get a leg workout and practice some of the fundamental movements.

We are in Seattle and have a weekend in Vancouver planned in the fall so I plan to give it a try.

Sherman89

Booting up
Skier
I still use the aeroski and the the Skiers Edge--100 laps on each one twice a day. The aeroski is holding up well just wish it has more travel.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I still use the aeroski and the the Skiers Edge--100 laps on each one twice a day. The aeroski is holding up well just wish it has more travel.
I'm curious why you use both? To me the Aeroski looks like a cheaper copy of the Skier's Edge. Does it offer some obvious advantage?

CO Freeskier

Getting on the lift
Skier
My wife bought an Aeroski a few weeks ago and when it showed up, I was saying “why did we waste money on this?” I’ve used it a few times and was pleasantly surprised. It isn’t very noisy and does seem to get your thighs, hips and rear a workout. The range of motion doesn’t simulate a deep carve. Have never used a skiers edge. My 6 year old daughter loves it and I hope it helps her once I get her out this season.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm curious why you use both? To me the Aeroski looks like a cheaper copy of the Skier's Edge. Does it offer some obvious advantage?
well, a skiers edge is a heavy piece, for sure. That's one of the resons the Aeroski caught my eye. Plus the rubber bands on my Skiers Edge are now 12 years old, so I'm figuring it's about at the end of it's lifespan. Right now they're running a 50% off sale, so I had to give it some thought

Sponsor

Staff online