• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was going through some old pics and files on my computer and found these pics of a Hart COMP GS Ski that I found when I was in Michigan and gave to @Bob Barnes.
I wonder if he still has them.
Hart COMP GS.JPG
Hart COMP GS 2.JPG
Hart COMP GS Look.JPG

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Hmmmm.... my ballets that were posted on page 1 of this thread have found their way to here. They've been photoshopped a little to remove the blemishes and even out the way they were positioned against the wall but that's them, Solly 502s and everything.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Don in Morrison

Skier
Is that your listing?
Nope. Someone scraped the image off of Pugski and used it for their vintage ski archive. All the skis listed on the archive pages have what appears to be the original list price from whatever year they were produced. It appears they actually do sell some stuff from their main page, but it's all new clothing and accessories type stuff.

It's kinda sporty posting pictures on the web. You never know where they're going to end up.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Nope. Someone scraped the image off of Pugski and used it for their vintage ski archive. All the skis listed on the archive pages have what appears to be the original list price from whatever year they were produced. It appears they actually do sell some stuff from their main page, but it's all new clothing and accessories type stuff.

It's kinda sporty posting pictures on the web. You never know where they're going to end up.

That is why I started putting my name on everything. I've seen my below photos posted so many places.

Attachments

• Petersen pugski.jpg
    Petersen pugski.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 20
  • Salomon - Petersen Collection - Pugski.jpg
    Salomon - Petersen Collection - Pugski.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 21

Don in Morrison

Skier
That is why I started putting my name on everything. I've seen my below photos posted so many places.

My initials were actually on the skis, between the bindings. They were pretty faded, but still visible. Whoever grabbed the image edited them out, as well as the chip in the topsheet near the tip of the left ski, and some plugged binding holes behind the heel pieces. Then they cut them out of the background and thereby removed any other evidence of whose skis they were. But there were enough subtle telltale characteristics left behind for me to identify them as my skis.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My initials were actually on the skis, between the bindings. They were pretty faded, but still visible. Whoever grabbed the image edited them out, as well as the chip in the topsheet near the tip of the left ski, and some plugged binding holes behind the heel pieces. Then they cut them out of the background and thereby removed any other evidence of whose skis they were. But there were enough subtle telltale characteristics left behind for me to identify them as my skis.
Yeah, in your case your name in the corner wouldn't do much good.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Dave has been diligent about watermarking almost everything posted.
Not cool for someone to steel it without checking with you or giving you credit

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Dave has been diligent about watermarking almost everything posted.
Not cool for someone to steel it without checking with you or giving you credit

There is an rpk4dotcom member here I believe is the same and don't think there is any evil intent and yes always nice to credit pictures.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
There is an rpk4dotcom member here I believe is the same and don't think there is any evil intent and yes always nice to credit pictures.

There is, and I agree no evil intent.

...and I have only been tagging my own items, unless of course I share member items to the Pugski Facebook page. Then I put “from the collection of ___________”.

Don in Morrison

Skier
Dave has been diligent about watermarking almost everything posted. Not cool for someone to steel it without checking with you or giving you credit
There is also the one that was scraped from Epicski that ended up in the Wayne Wong video. I was actually very flattered to see that one there (on the same skis, too), but I also immediately realized the potential for someone to use another person's image for nefarious purposes. I think I'll begin marking future images that I post so it's easier to track them. I suspect that other ski model images on RPK4 came from things posted by other Pugsters.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
FREEZE Oct 1997 - Hart - Pugski - Petersen.jpg

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
Well , it's been a while !

Received today ... these fantastic Hart Pacesetter : 205 cm of pleasure to come .

It is snowing like crazy here and I hope to be able to ski them Sunday ...
Now , for you ski-wizards ... it is written '' Made in Italy '' but I found that the Pacesetter ( 1978 -1980 ) were manufactured in France . Why this Italy thing ??
Anyway they are perfect ... one more in my zoo ...

008.JPG
008.JPG
010.JPG

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 12
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 13

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Now , for you ski-wizards ... it is written '' Made in Italy '' but I found that the Pacesetter ( 1978 -1980 ) were manufactured in France . Why this Italy thing ??
Anyway they are perfect ... one more in my zoo ...
Hmmm Italy? Spalding or Sarner factory.

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
Could very well be ! I will tell you how they ski if I am lucky enough to see our local ski hill open this weekend ... Hart was kind of unknown here in the Province : it was rarely seen and not sold . Ontario , yes , for sure ... Do you think that , with the serial number , the actual Hart Co could find out more ?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Could very well be ! I will tell you how they ski if I am lucky enough to see our local ski hill open this weekend ... Hart was kind of unknown here in the Province : it was rarely seen and not sold . Ontario , yes , for sure ... Do you think that , with the serial number , the actual Hart Co could find out more ?
I know who I can ask the question to but I doubt he remembers. Hart has changed hands so many times since then.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Genia Fuller.jpg

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
001.JPG
002.JPG

October 1968 , Playboy Magazine ... an ad for HART skis boasting a lifetime warranty !
Also an article about round bachelor pad in Sun Valley owned by John Koppes , the owner of Precision Ski Pole Manufacturing Corporation ... Anyone here knows about that Corporation ??? Nice pictures of the ''chalet '' inside and out !
Let me know ...
And if you see some Atomic Hawx Magna 130 , 29.5 ... I am looking for a pair ...

Sponsor

Staff online