• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Après Ride

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Those of you who know me IRL are all too familiar with this tripartite ritual. That is Hill Farmstead in the beer glass, btw.
1000002413-01.jpeg

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
My après ride ritual these days involves being mobbed by the kids asking where I was, what took so long (they obviously don't know I'm fat and slow..my avg speed reflects this..), why do I smell so bad, why do I drink beer, when can we go for a walk to find friends, what for lunch... I mean, it could be worse??? I think?? :roflmao:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
<- hypertonic carbs, espresso, pea protein. The heat broke so it's back to 220g/day

I see you don't have the unwanted button press issue on the fitness watch, lucky so and so

Last edited:

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Water: check
Coffee: check
Beer: …..um, uh, what? Sorry, I dozed off there.

But, I might make an exception for Hill Farmstead…

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Water: check
Coffee: check
Beer: …..um, uh, what? Sorry, I dozed off there.

But, I might make an exception for Hill Farmstead…
Yes, the beer is definitely the one optional component.

What usually happens is that I get to après time - usually when skiing - and realize that I haven't had my mandatory afternoon coffee. Everyone else is having a beer. So I just go all in with the shotgun medication approach.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, I’m a weakling. Drank a tall boy of 7% yesterday and promptly fell asleep.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Oh, my, yes. Start taking them with you and teach them the post-ride ritual of lying down flat with their legs up the wall.

When the CFO sees this, things will be much worse.

You're welcome.
I actually dragged the Grappler yesterday for 1.5 hours. He's actually pretty strong..I can feel when he pedals..and unfortunately when he doesn't..going uphill..6%..and I'm out of gears... :roflmao:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I actually dragged the Grappler yesterday for 1.5 hours. He's actually pretty strong..I can feel when he pedals..and unfortunately when he doesn't..going uphill..6%..and I'm out of gears... :roflmao:

That reminds me of a scene from weekend before last...for context, that rock is in the middle of the stream just below a 8-10% climb :D

1695053435168.png

I'm sure there was parental frustration at some point - but you'd know better than I. :)

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The club ride I lead every Wednesday evening from April thru early September ends at one of two local breweries. It's popular - and during the hottest days of summer the cold refreshment is welcome! Note that both places also have food available, as well as ice cold water in bottomless quantities.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
How about mid-ride?

My favorite ride is 14 miles out, 14 miles back. In the middle is . . . Mimi's Ice Cream (Sebastopol, CA). Fuel for the return trip!

I also do mid-ride stops, typically at good coffeehouse/bakery locations - destination rides in the most yummy sense!

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
On one of our regular road rides we stop for a drink and and sometimes an appetizer at a beach bar. On another where we head inland we stop at a golf course patio bar for a gin and tonic.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My après ride ritual these days involves being mobbed by the kids asking where I was, what took so long (they obviously don't know I'm fat and slow..my avg speed reflects this..), why do I smell so bad, why do I drink beer, when can we go for a walk to find friends, what for lunch... I mean, it could be worse??? I think?? :roflmao:

Could be much worse. Imagine they were cats.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How about mid-ride?

My favorite ride is 14 miles out, 14 miles back. In the middle is . . . Mimi's Ice Cream (Sebastopol, CA). Fuel for the return trip!

Ice cream FTW. Come to think of it main reason I go for a ride is so I have an excuse for eating ice cream :ogbiggrin:

Sponsor

Staff online