• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Après Ride

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We're still waiting for you to post pics of coffee in no-handle cups , lokum and rakia

Lol rakia? Never. This is devil‘s creation. Very popular among the heathen snowboardes but no road cyclist would touch it. Lokum is more Turkish we have it too but it isn’t very popular. People stick to more traditional stuff like cakes, pancakes etc.
I steer clear of anything that contains alcohol but I found Stella 0.0 to be fantastic post ride.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Tell me you dont mix the two in the bidon.. :ogbiggrin:

No (he hardly need add). Bidons are for water, or occasionally Lemon/Tea Scratch. They are not for anything whose taste means something to you.

In fact it's an anomaly that I have a bidon at all on an MTB ride. I'd left my hydration bladder at home in my hiking pack like an idiot.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
PBR. Yes, I’m a philistine. Mid ride? Coke or gtfo. And only under dire circumstances.
Pissy Beer-like Refreshment? Actually that makes a ton of sense after a ride. Every beer has its perfect moment.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How about mid-ride?

My favorite ride is 14 miles out, 14 miles back. In the middle is . . . Mimi's Ice Cream (Sebastopol, CA). Fuel for the return trip!
I used to ride 20 some miles to another town just for the Italian sandwiches at a very upscale Italian deli. That was my fuel for the return trip. Unfortunately, it's no longer there.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I used to participate in a bike winery tour :geek: It's sounds perfect, until you're 20 miles out and a bottle in, and only one way home--pedaling.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I used to participate in a bike winery tour :geek: It's sounds perfect, until you're 20 miles out and a bottle in, and only one way home--pedaling.

One of my favorite folks to bike with (sadly no longer on this mortal coil) used to do a "Bad Idea Ride" series: rides between 50 and 120 miles, mixed surfaces, and at least one winery visited around mid-ride. Those were all-day adventures!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
One of my favorite folks to bike with (sadly no longer on this mortal coil) used to do a "Bad Idea Ride" series: rides between 50 and 120 miles, mixed surfaces, and at least one winery visited around mid-ride. Those were all-day adventures!

What do you have for the Charlottesville area? Let's say 80-120 fpm ballpark.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Had the best bike brunch this weekend sitting on the curb outside of a gas station with a Tollhouse ice cream sandwich. That spot should have at least ten Michelin stars.
I find the quality of the food is directly proportional to the distance I've ridden... The further I go the better whatever it is tastes... :ogbiggrin: Same with fluids..I'd drink out of a ditch at 100 miles...

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve done this many times (informal tour) in Sonoma County. Fortunately I’m not really a wine drinker, but I did enjoy the tasty snacks.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
What do you have for the Charlottesville area? Let's say 80-120 fpm ballpark.

Sadly nothing, but you've now made me curious about this kind of out-and-back ride...

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
IMG_20230923_170232.jpg

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If it's a truly big, solo effort without any post-ride social component, it's always the same for me:

The shady deck.
Frito Scoops with extra sharp cheddar cheese.
Coffee with heavy whipping cream.
Nap.

If it's a group thing, I just go with the flow. Could be late breakfast, mexican, burger, or Thai.

No beer. I've aged into being a truly terrible day drinker!

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
IMG_20230924_143027.jpg

Berryville, Va. Sadly no coffee.

The Crispy is like a citizen cider
The Ophelia is like a Kona Big Wave in cider form.
The Harvest Moon is the solid choice of the fruity stuff.

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My après ride ritual these days involves being mobbed by the kids asking where I was, what took so long (they obviously don't know I'm fat and slow..my avg speed reflects this..), why do I smell so bad, why do I drink beer, when can we go for a walk to find friends, what for lunch... I mean, it could be worse??? I think?? :roflmao:
7ww9dilznub41.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online