• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arrest warrant in murder of pro gravel cyclist Moriah Wilson

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Veteran of two decades of numerous neighborhood gunshots.. every week.. Sometimes it's louder far away than it is when it's closer. I think it matters which direction the barrel of the gun is pointing when fired to determine how loud it is for others in various directions around and distances.. Sound from indoor gunshots doesn't travel all that far.

Pacobillie

Putting on skis
Skier
i am a member of an indoor gun range. In the range area, a headset is mandatory if you do not want your eardrums to be damaged. We have a viewing room next door, with only a glass panel separating the two rooms. You can hear the gunshots from the viewing room, but hearing protection is not required. in the next room over, you hardly hear the shots. Outside the building, you do not hear them!

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Yeah I'm thinking of our indoor. Two door system with vestibule between. You can definitely hear but you can still talk fairly normally outside the vestibule.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
It doesn't really matter does it? If no witnesses recall hearing then you can't retrospectively force them to pay more attention. Seems unwise of Armstrong (assuming it was her) to shoot someone above an occupied garage as I assume sound insulation may not be as robust as between residential units but then she scarcely seems to have planned this with forensic rigour.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Seems unwise of Armstrong (assuming it was her) to shoot someone above an occupied garage as I assume sound insulation may not be as robust as between residential units but then she scarcely seems to have planned this with forensic rigour.
He also didn't recall exactly when he was in the garage...Sometime between 8:30 and 9:30, I believe. So, he might have opened the garage shortly after the shooting, but before she left the apartment. Might have just barely missed seeing her. As you say...really doesn't matter...he saw/heard what he did and didn't hear anything else notable.

James

Out There
Instructor
She searched if pineapple removes fingerprints. Expect that to peak today on google.
Defense tried to get a mistrial. Apparently Strickland/Armstrong house was vandalized sometime after murder.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Kaitlyn Armstrong's blocking of contacts and jealous behavior regarding Strickland is not only a big red flag in this case, but also a big red flag to behavior in a relationship.

James

Out There
Instructor
Yes, I would believe that's it:

View attachment 215081

You can drop the little man on Google into the back alley though, and get this street view:

View attachment 215082
The arrest affidavit for Armstrong lists the address of the murder as 1708 Maple Ave Unit B . Google blurred out 1708. Armstrong put in 1704 Maple Ave to car or phone gps. (It’s in one of the things I read) Do that, and you get the garage on the alley, which you’re right, google didn’t blur.

Also, next to the garage behind the fence is a stand of bamboo. I assume that’s where she threw the bike before getting into the car. Given the density of houses there, it’s sheer luck no one was outside to see her. I guess being roughly 8:40pm in early May, not many outside.
IMG_1479.jpeg

IMG_1480.jpeg

Just across the alley from the bamboo is a flat grass lawn and a deeply recessed house.
Maybe that’s where she parked.

And today two former friends testified that she said she'd kill her in reference to Wilson... I mean...
And not only that, but they called in to report it. I guess one of them was in a crowded noisy bar when Armstrong said that and that she had a gun. So she wasn’t sure until this went down.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It only took two hours of deliberation. I am not surprised at all.
What I am surprised about is that her entire defense seemed to rely on the fact that there was no video evidence of her at the scene (just evidence of her gun, her car, her GPS, her motive, her going into hiding, and no alibi).

How did her lawyer not talk her into the plea deal?

robertc3

Out on the slopes
Skier
What I am surprised about is that her entire defense seemed to rely on the fact that there was no video evidence of her at the scene (just evidence of her gun, her car, her GPS, her motive, her going into hiding, and no alibi).

I can only think it was ego. Maybe delusions, but ego seems more likely.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

In this case, I believe her defense team was left only with the old "we've got nothing, so let's throw a bunch a shite at the wall, and see if something sticks" strategy.

I strongly suspect she was encouraged to accept that, but we'll probably never know.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Scarcely followed as it seemed like only one conclusion but did the defence not attempt to throw any shade at Strickland as someone who had access to her car and gun?

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Scarcely followed as it seemed like only one conclusion but did the defence not attempt to throw any shade at Strickland as someone who had access to her car and gun?
I didn't follow play-by-play, but from the articles that I did read, they all seemed to mention that Strickland was absolved due to "a solid alibi". I believe it was due to traffic camera recordings showing him on his bike, and phone calls made/text messages sent on his way home.

Sponsor

Staff online