• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Best Ski Socks?

jo3st3

Getting on the lift
Skier
What sock brands and sock thicknesses do you prefer?

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I just picked up some Bridgedale "Ski Race Over Calf" when I got my new boots. They are thin. I haven't skied with them yet. I used to ski bare foot, but that's too cold now.
All there other socks boast Merino. These don't mention Merino. I hope my feet won't itch too much.

Last edited:

spoofer

Putting on skis
Skier
Cabelas sells some good ones under the Instinct name. I think I paid about 12 bucks a pair at my local Bass Pro.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thorlo SKX. Thick-ish. Last forever.

FWIW, I've got a lot a socks for a lot of things and no brand has outlasted Bridgedale for me.

Last edited:

Posaune

sliding
Skier
I tried a very thin pair and my left foot was comfortable and held in quite nicely. My right foot felt loose.
I tried a slightly thicker pair (smart wool) and my right foot felt perfect but my left felt pinched and hurt.
I now put the thin sock on my left and the thicker one on the right and I'm a happy camper.
I also doubled the amount of socks that I have to use with this setup without having to purchase anything more.

lone pine

Getting on the lift
Skier
These.
1613242904521.png

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Big fan of the FITS ultralight these days. Good thickness where it’s needed and the alignment box design on top of the foot is pretty nifty so you can make sure it’s straight every time so you don’t get wrinkle pinches. They come in different widths so as your liners pack out slightly you just up the density

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I own many brands, as long as they're thin or ultra thin, I'm in. Ironically, the place I had the hardest time finding thin ski socks was that mecca of skiing, Chamonix.

Smartwoold phD is good. These are fun:

1613246470600.png

LuliTheYounger

I'm just here to bother my mom
Skier
Ovation Zocks lol. Can't remember how it started, but they're cheap & last forever. My dog print ones are way cooler than anything anyone else has in the parking lot.

1613248361004.png

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anything thats ultra thin. I have some Smartwool, Wigwam, Ultimax, Lorpen, and some others. They all feel good, keep me warm and dry. I find that its hard to get the super thin ones, most offerings are too thick for me

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Eurosocks are my favorite. They stay put without wrinkles. I wear ultra light on my right foot and light on my left foot. I am destined for mismatched socks for the rest of my life.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
agree on the darntough medium cushion hikers for hiking or even just winter après cozy socks; I even paid full msrp for several pair!

but my skisock quiver is all smartwool phd ski ultrathin. The seconds/irregulars periodically come up for sale on stp. I cant tell any functional difference with the 2nds, I assume its just a cosmetic error with the pattern/logos.

edit: removed accidental quote of Eric267

Last edited:

Sponsor